Chapter 12

JUGHEAD and I walked through the empty corridor, hand in hand, as we chatted about random things

"So how's the novel about Jason going?" I asked, looking around, nobody else was in the corridor as it seemed to be only Jughead and I.

"Good, especially when you're helping me." He smirked making me blush. "You're the one putting all the hard work in, Juggy."

"You give me the ideas." He smiled as we walked passed Miss Grundy's classroom, Jughead stopped suddenly and pulled me towards the door, placing his finger up to his lips indicating for me to be quite.

I looked through the window to see Miss Grundy and Archie getting too close for a normal teacher/student tutoring session, she held his hand up to her face while he looked down at her. Their body's close to each other.

Jughead and I shared a look, what the hell was going on between Miss Grundy and Archie?
.
.
.
I was at cheerleading practice, the others were all doing the Cheer as Cheryl and I observed how they did, Veronica walked down the middle doing her dance making me smile like a proud mom, I thought they were perfect, I took one look at Cheryl's face to see that she was rolling her eyes.

Cheryl walked forward and held her hands out. "Stand down, Vixens, and listen up, the weathers predicting a downpour the night of the rally." Cheryl spoke out pacing back and forth. "but already, you're raining on my parade."

I stood forward and sighed before saying something. "But we will do our best, a little rain won't do anything to stop us." I spoke out making the girls smile towards me, Cheryl nodded but continued her rant. "Juliet is right, but with Jason so present in our collective consciousness, all eyes will be on me." She demanded.

I rolled my eyes, Cheryl this, Cheryl that, bleh, bleh, bleh.

"Will this beautiful, exotic, hothouse flower drown under the town's scrutiny,or be swamped by her emotions? The answer, ladies, is "no and no."

Or maybe yes and yes? Like seriously it's taking all my willpower to not stand up and back talk Cheryl, but if I do, I will loose my place as co-captain and be breaking my Promise to Jason. Cheryl has so much emotion built up inside of her, it's crazy. If one of us has a mental breakdown during the rally it will be Cheryl.

"That said, I need star power.
I need the Pussycats, Stay loose and limber, ladies, while I make a call." Cheryl says as she goes goes to walk off "Juliet, look after them." She demanded before walking away.

"Hey sis, Veronica." I smiled as I hugged them both. Betty hugged me back loosely before she and Veronica moved to sit on the floor, I turned to the other girls "do whatever you want." I shouted as they all smiled. "Will do, Juliet." One of them shouted.

"After this practice, I'll totally need a pedicure, you?" Veronica asked as she opened her water bottle, taking a sip. Betty turned towards Veronica and sighed. "I'll have homework."

"We both will." I groaned, taking a sip of my own water. Veronica started to stretch "i know everyone grieves differently, but Cheryl's hosting a pep rally to cope with her loss, That's either brilliant, or psychotic, or both."

"Cheryl will be Cheryl." I stated, starting to stretch like Veronica was, Betty looked at me. "Yeah, well, at least Cheryl's not putting on an act."

"Like what?" I asked, looking at her in confusion.

"Like, Pretending she's a butterfly when really she's a wasp." She looked towards me. I knew she was hinting at the closet thing between Archie and I.

"Betty, the only reason I even went into that closet with Archie was so Cheryl wouldn't." I tried to reason with her.

"Oh, so you did that to protect me?" Betty asked. I thought she was okay with me? What changed, its not like I have strong feelings for Archie anymore, I think.

"Hell yeah." I spoke sternly. Veronica looked between us as she bit her lip. "She was Betty, she wouldn't do it on purpose."

"Oh, so the kiss meant nothing?" Betty asked getting up.

"No it didn't and why are you only asking me this now?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Because I'm hurt, you hurt me." Betty stated. I stood up and faced her. "I said I'm sorry, how many times do I have to say it?" I asked, I definitely couldn't loose my sister, I need her.

Betty didn't say anything as she looked at me with sadness and anger in her eyes. "Don't be hard on her, B." Veronica spoke as she walked forward. "She's your sister."

Betty turned her gaze from Veronica over to me. "She's adopted, she's not my real sister, she never was." I felt my heart break as she said those words. Veronica looked shocked.

"That's how you feel?" I asked, moisture coated my eyes as I looked down, feeling the loan tear fall down my face. "Yeah." That word was enough for me to nod my head.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." I apologized once again before turning around, hearing Veronica scold Betty for saying them words, I think that's my weakness, always apologizing for nothing.

All I wanted right now was Jughead or my mom to comfort me, but they both have their own problems.

Authors Note,

Soo, do you see Juliet as a character in the show? What do you think of her? Who should I make her close friends with?

~Robyn