Chapter 17

I WALKED over to Kevin and Betty who were stood next to Veronica, the raven haired girl was getting something out of her locker

"So, how'd it go with Chuck?" Kevin asked with excitement lacing his voice, I pulled my bag to the side and grabbed a piece of paper with something written on it for the School paper before handing it over to Betty.

Veronica chuckled while she shut her locker. "Chuck has muscles for days, but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde, or even Diablo Cody."

We laughed slightly as a girl walked passed us, her phone clutched in her hand as she spoke with her squeaky voice. "Hey Veronica, how was the sticky Maple you had last night?"

"The want now?" Veronica asked in confusion.

"The sticky maple, Chuck gave you, how was it?" One of the other girls spoke, I looked at her phone to see a picture of Chuck and Veronica on the screen, but with some photocopied maple syrup covering her face.

"We had a brownie sundae, if that's what you hyenas mean." Veronica replied as she continued to lock her locker, my heart skipped a beat as I remembered the humiliation that I went through because of, Chuck Clayton.

"Um, I don't think that's what they meant." I spoke as my phone beeped, I pulled it out and gasped. "Bloody hell." I muttered, seeing the same photo on my screen.

"Oh, my god." Kevin gasped while Betty went to look at his phone.

"What?" Veronica demanded as she took the phone out of my hand since I was closer to her. Her face turned to anger. "What the hell is a sticky maple?"

People looked at Veronica smirking as she listened to Kevin. "It's kinda what it sounds like."

"It's a Riverdale thing." I sighed, glaring at a few people who walked passed, laughing. "No, Kevin, Julie, it's a slut-shaming thing, I'm neither a slut, nor am I going to shamed by someone named, excuse me, Chuck Clayton." Veronica scoffed, I placed my hand on her shoulder and looked down at my phone.

"Does he really think he can get away with this? Does he not know who I am, I will cut the brakes on his souped-up phallic symbol." Veronica nearly yelled with anger.

"Or we could go to Principal Weatherbee." Betty suggested, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, and what good would that do?" I crossed my arms.

"Juliet's right, we can't go to him about the coach's son? Who is captain of the football team, and Riverdale High's resident golden boy?" Veronica spoke quickly.

"Or I can expose him in the pages of the Blue and Gold!" Betty smiled. "Yeah! I can do that."

"No, spoken like a true good girl who always follows the rules." Veronica said. "Well I don't follow the rules." Veronica pushed my phone into my chest, making me lose my footing while sending me into the lockers, hitting my back hard. "I make them! And when necessary, I break them." Veronica stated before she started walking away.

Betty ran after her as I stayed with Kevin. "Are you okay, Julie?" He asked, watching as I stood up straight and winced.

"Yeah, that girl has a lot of Strength." I muttered, hissing from the pain in my spine. "But I'll live, can't say the same for Chuck though."

Veronica and Betty walked into the boys locker room as I stayed outside, no way in hell was I going in there with Chuck, he's disgusting and vile, but my friends were in there and I can't miss the tea that will be spilled...damn.

I had enough of waiting, all the anger in me wanting to escape while I walked into the locker room, Archie was staring staring towards where i guess Betty and Veronica were. "Juliet?"

"Not now, Archie." I waved my hand in a 'not now' gesture while walking passed him.

"–you're not allowed to go around humiliating girls, for any reasons under  any circumstances..Jerk." I heard Betty speak, a certain tone to her voice.

"Look, I get that you're not a closet kind of girl, if you wanna ride the Chuck Wagon like your sister, Juliet, did then that can be rearranged." Chuck smirked.

"Oh hell naw! You don't get to talk about me, I don't wanna hear my name come from your vile, disgusting
and they probably have a disease lips, again!" I spat out as I walked to stand in-between B and V.

"Oh look, Juliet Cooper has joined the conversation, maybe we could go for round two." Chuck winked at me, sending me into a cringe attack.

"What the fuck did I just say?" I asked in anger, walking forward before Veronica stopped me.

"Let's keep this simple, so that your preppy-murderer half-brain can grasp it." Veronica hissed.

"Take..This..The Hell Down!" She taunted showing the picture to Chuck as she walked towards him.

"Okay, that high-toned bitch attitude may have worked on the betas you dated in New York, but you're in Bulldog territory." Chuck spoke as a guy behind him barked at her making Veronica jump back.

"Please, fight back." Chuck said more like a question.

"Oh I will." I spoke out as Chuck went to walk away. He walked over to me and leaned in. "You'll only make it harder on her and yourself, baby." He kissed my cheek and walked away.

"Ew! What the hell, that's gross." I cringed while wiping my cheek.
.
.
.
.
.
I was outside writing something onto my notepad for the Blue and Gold, my head spun with questions about Jason's death, I needed to know who did it, it's turning me crazy.

"Hey Julikins." Cheryl spoke as she sat down next to me, pulling her red skirt down, before turning to look at me.

"I miss him too." She said, noticing the look in my eyes, the one she normally wore frequently. "Archie confessed to hearing the gun shot on July 4th, I guess they believe I'm not crazy anymore."

"Well, that's good, we're hopefully one step closer to finding the person who did this."

"Hopefully, Juliet? Can I ask you a question?" Cheryl asked.

"Sure." I replied, shutting my Notepad. "Where were you the night of Jason's death?"

I tensed my body and looked down. "Can I trust you to keep a secret?"

"Of course." She replied, grabbing my hand.

"The night Jason was murdered, I was with someone....I was with Chuck."

Authors Note,

What did ya think?

~Robyn