Chapter 49

BETTY, Polly and I were laying upon Betty's bed, well more like trying to stay on as Polly lay in the middle

"I'm so glad that you're home, Pol." Betty spoke as she stared up at the ceiling, I shifted so I was laying on my side, staring at the two girls. "That you're safe, and the babies are okay and healthy." Betty paused as she sighed "but, god, everything else."

"It's the worst." Polly spoke, my phone rang as I sat up, looking at the caller ID seeing that it was Jughead, I placed my phone to my ear "Julie, I saw my dad, you and Betty were right...he's hiding something."
.
.
.
.
.
"My dad's been lying to me his whole life, but he's never been any good at it." Jughead spoke as we stood in the Gold and Blue room, I was still basically working with them on the newspaper so Weatherbee had to let me stay. "I saw it in his eyes, he didn't do it."

"So, why did he lie?" I asked turning my head to look at him "who was he protecting?"

After many minutes of silence Betty walked into the room, smiling at us as she placed down her coat onto the chair, Moments later Alice walked through the door, looking over at the murder board that Jughead, Betty and I were looking at.

"Well, What do we have here?" She asked before she walked passed us, we turned around looking at her as she spoke "You three just can't leave well enough alone, can you?"

"Mom, we know what you're gonna say." Betty sighed as she crossed her arms, Jughead placed his hand on the small of my back as I leaned into his side.

"The police found another dead body." Alice spoke, shocking us.

"Okay, Maybe not that." Jughead said as I bit my lip. "A Southside Serpent." Alice spoke as my eyes widened "and Sheriff Clueless is convinced that he was working with your father." She spoke looking at Jughead. "He allegedly committed suicide by overdose, and there was a bag of money on-site that links him to Hiram Lodge. Everything is tied up into a nice little bow." I rolled my eyes "too, tidy, if you ask me."

Betty's phone rang as I wet my lips, sighing as she picked it up and placed it to her ear. "Kevin?" She asked as I looked up at Juggy, he smiled down at me and kissed my head. "Uh....okay. We'll meet you there."

Betty hung up as we picked up our stuff and left Alice standing there as Juggy and I followed Betty.
.
.
.
The flashlight was clutched tightly in my cold hand, the other was clutching onto jughead's free hand "Whatever is it we're looking for, Joaquin didn't know if it'd help your dad or make it worse." Jughead spoke as he dragged me along.

"I guess we're gonna find out." I muttered as Betty looked at me, Kevin was following us quietly.

"Plus why did he wait so long to tell us?" Betty asked as she looked at kevin.