Chapter 45

THE BELL rung as I opened the door to pop's, I felt the eyes of judging people looking at me, probably wondering why a beaten up serpent girl was walking to into this colorful place

I spotted Jughead sitting in a booth near the door, his head was turned away from me as he hadn't bothered to turn around. I took a deep breath before sitting down next to him, I noticed a cut on his cheek and gasped "What happened?"

He turned to look at me about to reply when he stopped, his mouth agape as he saw my face "what happened to your face?" His finger tips lightly running over the bruise on my eye, I flinched.

His eyes trailed down my my hand that was resting on the table "Why is your hand bandaged?" He asked, his eyes had a look of worry as he saw what I was wearing "You're wearing all black and have your serpent jacket on." He slowly begin to realize as a tear slipped down my face, burning my cuts but I didn't care.

"I'm sorry." I whispered "it's who I'm meant to be."

Jughead shook his head and wiped his eyes before turning away from me, my head turned away as well as I stared at the clock on the wall, watching as it ticked slowly like it was mocking me for something.

"I don't care who you are." I heard Jughead say as he placed his fingers on my chin slowly turning my head to look at him "You're still my Juliet, I still love you."

I smiled slightly and rested my forehead against his, people may be looking at this scene weirdly, a serpent and a loner kid, but I didn't care and neither did he.

"I have to change schools." I whispered, Jughead took a deep shaky breath as he nodded "southside high?" He asked as I nodded.

"I'll be okay, don't worry about me." I said pulling away from him and starring into his eyes, worry crossed them as he bit his lip "it's my job to worry about you." He spoke warmly.

"I can live with that." I smiled "I'll still be able to hang out with you after school and before and on weekends."

Jughead nodded and placed both his hands on my cheeks being careful not to hurt me"nothing will ever keep us apart." He whispered before his lips touched mine, his soft plump lips moved again my bleeding ones, I would have cringed and pulled away but I couldn't, we hadn't kissed like this in awhile, this kiss had meaning.

We pulled away as I reached over and wiped away the blood that had smeared on his lips, I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed feeling Jughead rest his on top of mine.
.
.
.
"Are you ready?" Toni asked as she walked into my trailer, she eyed Jerome who was eating cereal "who is this?" She asked.

"My step-brother Jerome, who needs to go to school!" I spoke, handing Jerome his coat and crossed my arms.

"Being a serpent doesn't mean you can boss me around." Jerome sung playfully as he grabbed the coat "Can I borrow the car?"