Chapter 15

I WAS sitting in biology class, listening to the teacher drone on and on about something I already knew, my hand holding Jughead's as we sat next to each other laughing at some joke he told me

Principal Weatherbee and sheriff Keller walked through the door, the class immediately went quite, my eyes shifted to Cheryl who looked guilty, she gracefully stood up. "You're here for me aren't you?" She asked.

Jughead and I shared a look, a look of disbelief, my head was crowded with questions, and all i wanted was the answers.

"Because of the autopsy?" Cheryl continued, Betty and Kevin looked over towards me, the same look of curiosity was held in both of their eyes.

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl." Weatherbee spoke out.

"It's alright Principal Weatherbee, they'll find out soon enough." She spoke holding both her hands out in front of her.

"That won't be necessary." Sheriff Keller said.

"Wait, Cheryl–find out what?" Veronica asked, with a look of worry taking over her face.

I stood up slowly as Cheryl turned her head slightly. "What are you trying to say, Cheryl?" I asked.

Her eyes watered as she looked straight ahead again. "That I'm guilty."

Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller took Cheryl out of the room, what did Cheryl mean? She couldn't have killer her own brother.

I ran out of the classroom, following behind Cheryl, Archie stopped me as he watched Cheryl walk past him. "What happened?" He asked, holding onto my shoulders.

"She said she's guilty." I said quietly, his arms wrapped around me as I sighed, my head resting on his shoulder as I closed my eyes.
.
.
.
I was laying on my bed, my phone in my hand as I skimmed through pictures of me and my friends, smiling and laughing at a few.

"Juliet?" My mothers voice sounded as she knocked on my open door, I looked up and smiled. "Yeah?"

"Come with me." She replied walking towards Betty's room, I sighed and placed my phone on charge before following her.

Alice threw something onto the bed in front of Betty as I walked into the room. "Hot off the presses." She said looking back at me.

"Mom!" Betty and I shouted as I sat down on the bed. "First you leak Jason Blossom's autopsy report and now this?" Betty said waking over to Alice.

"People are loving the coverage." She simply replied back.

"You have to stop sensationalizing this horrible thing." Betty spoke.

"Mom, Betty's right, you would hate it if someone did this to one of us if we died." I said, also standing up and walking to stand next to Betty.

"But That didn't happen, it won't." Alice spoke looking at me before she turned back to Betty and sighed. "It's news, Betty, we own the Riverdale Register, we have a responsibility to keep people informed."

"Seriously." I sighed. "That is a stupid point, whatever Jason did to Polly, he's still a person."

"You reap what you sow" Alice muttered before Betty spoke.

"You should be writing about the real story, what happened to Jason?" Betty started.

"Who was holding him captive? Why was he frozen?" I continued, understanding what Betty was saying.

"And who shot that gun on July 4th?" Betty finished.

Alice looked taken a back as she started to speak. "Well If You're both so keen on reporting, why don't you both come and work with your father and me?" She asked. "The register could really use two Lois Lane types like yourselves."

Alice snatched the paper from Betty before walking out of the room.

"Are you okay?" I asked Betty, she nodded her head. "Yeah, I just hate how she would do this, she knows how close you and Jason were."

"Hm, Cheryl called me and told me she wasn't guilty, Jason had died over a week before Kevin and Moose found his body." I spoke quietly, the tears trying to escape my eyes, but I didn't let them.

It was true, Cheryl did ring me, told me everything that happened, it still can't function in my brain that he died a week before anyone had even found him or when Cheryl had said he went missing.

It was too much for me to handle, all the Riverdale drama, I'm one person who can't handle all that. Maybe if I leave for awhile, but I could never do that anyway I don't even know why i am considering it.

"It will all be okay, Juliet." Betty said.

Hopefully Betty will be right.

Authors Note,

How was this chapter? Don't be afraid to comment and tell me, I have changed the lay out of the chapters and out s gif of Juliet aka Katherine McNamara at the top to add effect of looking cute.

Thanks for reading this chapter!

~Robyn