Chapter 13

I WALKED  home slowly as I clutched onto the coffee I had bought on the way, something about the weather made me feel slightly better, I hadn't changed out of my cheerleading outfit so the breeze made me shiver slightly

I WALKED home slowly as I clutched onto the coffee I had bought on the way, something about the weather made me feel slightly better, I hadn't changed out of my cheerleading outfit so the breeze made me shiver slightly.

Jughead had texted me to meet him at pops a few hours before the rally to continue writing the novel about Jason, I missed Jason terribly, he was the person I could speak about my problems with.

The late night talks we would have on the phone, the secrets we shared between each other, he was my safe haven..as I was his. A year before he and Polly dated, he confessed his feelings he had for me, we secretly dated because our family's wouldn't agree to us, the year it lasted was amazing.

Until I found out Polly liked him, Jason and I decided to end things because we liked being friends more then anything else, he started dating Polly a year after that, everything was perfect until he died, until I lost my best friend.

Tears fell down my face as I stepped through the front door, my mother, Alice turned the corner and frowned. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I lied "I'm going to get changed."
.
.
.
I stood in front of my mirror , i had threw on a gray sweater with blue skinny jeans and black ankle boots, my hair was pulled into a high ponytail with some strands of hair pulled out and framing my face perfectly.

I sighed "you'll be fine, you're okay." I spoke quietly, looking away from my reflection, grabbing my black coat and shoulder bag.

I walked passed Betty's room to see her and Cheryl in there, Betty saw me through the mirror, I would normally say 'hi' but I just turned away and walked towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Alice asked, leaning against the doorframe. "To pops, for a few hours before the prep rally." I smiled.

"Did you know Cheryl is upstairs?!" Alice spat out Cheryl's name as she glared towards the stairs.
"Yeah I do mom, I'll see you later."
.
.
.
"Hey." I smiled as I sat down across from Jughead, he smiled and leaned forward, capturing my lips with his. He pulled away and smiled. "Hey there, Juliet".

I chuckled and placed my coat next to me and placed my bag on top of it. "So, anything eventful happen today?"

"I confronted Archie about Miss  Grundy." Jughead said making my eyes widen. "What did he say?"

"He and Grundy were down by Sweetwater river, they also heard a gun shot." He spoke in a serious voice.

"They need to tell someone." I said, Jughead nodded. "I told him that, but he's trying to protect Miss Grundy."

"He's honestly protecting that Cougar?" I scoffed. "Honestly, a kid died."

Jughead nodded. "He thinks she cares about him, he really likes her, it scares me."

"She doesn't care about him, she only cares about herself and her reputation."  I said, Pop's placed a burger and fries in front of Jughead.

I stole a fry from his tray as Jughead glared at me and took a bite of his burger. "This food...it's mine." He spoke.

"Cover your mouth." I laughed. "I also thought I was yours?" I smirked. He let a smirk cover his face as he nodded. "True, so you can eat some of the fries...just not all of them."

"Fine." I spoke taking another one.

"Anyway, Grundy basically won't let him tell anyone, because she. 'Cares for him' " he air quoted the 'cares for him' part.

"He will realize soon, he has too." I spoke, pulling out my purse and grabbing some money. "I'm going to buy a milkshake." I said standing up. "Do you want one?"

"Sure, you offered." He chuckled, I leaned down and kissed his cheek. "Be back in a few".

I walked over to counter and smiled at Pop's. "Hey Julie." He smiled kindly. "Hey Pop's, can I have a strawberry milkshake and a vanilla one?"

"Of course." He spoke as I handed him the money. "Can I say something?" He asked.

"Sure."

"You and Jughead are wonderful together, you remind me of my wife and me." He smiled, making me do the same. "Really, how is your wife?" I asked. "Never better." He replied.

"Don't let him go, you're both perfect for each other." He spoke, handing me the two milkshakes, I looked over at Jughead who had pulled his laptop out and was typing on it as his tray of food was now pushed onto my side with half of the fries left in the tray.

I smiled and thanked Pop's as I placed the Strawberry milkshake down in front of him. "Thanks." He smiled.

I sat down and took a fry, today was beginning to get better and better.

Authors Note,

Thanks for reading this chapter!! I hope you guys are liking this book! I'm trying my hardest on it, do you think Juliet fits into the show?

~Robyn