Chapter 40

By the angel! 2k reads already!! I only started this book last month! Thank you for reading!

JOAQUIN had called me, something had happened, that's why I was running into hospital, tears flowing from my eyes

"W-what happened?" I stuttered, grabbing onto Joaquin's shoulders, he looked sad as he placed a hand on my cheek. "Jennifer...she." He started as I shook my head in disbelief.

He sighed "She was trying to get some money, obviously dealing with the wrong people." He looked down "she got shot."

"Oh, my god." I choked out, sitting down on one of the chairs, Joaquin kneeled in front of me and placed his hands on my knee. "Where Rose?" I asked, wiping my tears.

"FP has her for now, Jessica the woman who owns the trailer by Jennifer's offered to take her after that." He spoke as he looked past me.

"Anyone here for Miss. Hamilton?" A man spoke, I looked up and nodded my head, walking over to him, Hamilton was my mom's maiden name, before she got married.

"I'm her daughter." I said, he nodded and smiled weakly at me "the surgery to get the bullet out went fine, but she can't breathe on her own yet."

"Is she awake?" I asked, holding onto the counter for support "I'm afraid not, she's fallen into a comatose state, she'll wake up when she's ready." He said, handing my a bag fall of Jennifer's clothes and items "these are the things we got from her, everything should be in there."

"Thanks." I nodded "Can I still go and see her?" I asked, hoping that they would let me go and see my mom, the shock still ran through me of her being shot, why would someone do that to her? Who did it to her?

"Not at the moment, we need to get her into her own room and run some tests." He smiled apologetically towards me, Joaquin walked up and placed his hand on my shoulder "maybe you should go and check on Rose?" He said as the doctor walked away.

"I just can't believe it" i muttered, leaning my head on his shoulder, he placed his hand on my head as his head rests on mine. "I'll go and check on Rose, but Please call me if anything happens." I asked, picking up my bag after I moved away from him.

Joaquin nodded, I smiled at him before walking out of the hospital, I climbed onto my motorbike and took out my phone, my thumb hovered over jughead's name as I bit my lip, should I ring him?

yeah...let's ring him, I pressed his name and held the phone up to my ear, tapping my finger on the handle of my bike, biting my lip trying not to cry. "Hello? Juliet?" Jughead's voice came through the phone.

"Juggy." My voice came out croaky and
Weak, a tear escaped my eye.

"What's wrong?" Jughead asked, panic lacing his voice as I heard a sob escape my throat. "Jennifer's in the hospital, she got shot." I cried.