Chapter 19

I WAS SITTING in a spare classroom with Betty, when my phone started to go off, a picture of Jughead and I appeared on the screen, I stood up and walked over to the back of the room

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, turning to look at Betty who was reading some important papers.

"Dilton Doiley supposedly shot the gun on July 4th." Jughead spoke through the phone, I furrowed my brows and leaned against the window.

"Seriously, who told you this." I asked with a hint of curiosity lacing my voice.

"Just a Random person who is apart of his Scouts." Jughead spoke, sighing slightly.

I turned back around as the door opened, Ethel and another person walked in. Betty placed down the papers and greeted them, making me sigh. "I need to go." I spoke.

"Okay, love you." Jughead spoke, making me smile "love you, too." I replied before hanging up the phone.

"Juliet, this is Trev Brown, Valerie's brother." Betty introduced, I looked over at the boy and smiled. "i know, we have English together."

"Hey." He smiled giving Betty and I a little wave. I sat down in the chair next to the desk before Ethel started to speak. "He used to be on the football team."

"But I quit." Trev stated. "When I saw Chucks playbook....and I may know where it is."

I smirked while turning to look at Betty who looked determined to find this damn book!
.
.
.
"Football players behaving badly, what else is knew?" Veronica muttered, holding the flashlight tightly in her hand, I pulled my leather jacket tighter around me as I held my grip on the touch that lay tightly in my own hand. "Steubenville, Glen Ridge." She continued.

"The coaches son being the ringleader." I spoke, making Veronica nod at my sentence before she continued talking. "I mean, how depraved is this town?"

"Color me impressed." Cheryl spoke making us all jump, i gripped onto Kevin's arm in shock. "Oh, it's just you." I sighed, returning to my calm posture.

"A...B and E with a B and V, what would your holy roller mother say about This, Betty? Juliet?" Cheryl asked, her torch pointing towards the floor, a hand on her hip.

"What are you doing here, Cheryl?" Betty asked.

"We didn't ask you to come." I spoke, shining my light at her, she cringed slightly as she took a step back while I moved my light away.

"And where did you get those thigh-high boots? They're amazing." Kevin asked before she strutted towards us.

"Trev told Valerie, who told Josie, who told Ginger, who told Tina, who told me. And I thought I would help out." Cheryl smirked placing her hand back on her hip.

"Help?" I laughed. "That's funny, you hate helping, are you up to something?"

"Juliet's right, you wanna help? Or derail our our investigation?" Betty spoke giving me a look.

"Get over yourselves." Cheryl scoffed looking between Betty and I.

"Hey Guys." Ethel shouted making us all look at her. "Get in here." She pulled out a book while Cheryl quickly walked over to her as we followed. "Trev was right." Ethel said. "They didn't even bother to hide it."

We all shined our lights onto the book so we could see, I saw Veronica's name and sighed. "New girl? Is that what I'm reduced to?–nine points?" Veronica spoke.

"Better then 'big girl'" Ethel said.

I gasped when I saw my name above Ethels "Juliet Cooper–nine points–easy and innocent?" I read out before looking further down while feeling my eyes water up.

"Polly's in this book." Betty said. "Next to Jason's name." Cheryl spoke. Betty turned off her flashlight while turning away.

"I'm so sorry, Betty, Juliet." Veronica spoke in a calm voice, I moved away and placed a hand on my sisters shoulder.

"This isn't...Jason would never." Cheryl stumbled over her words in shock.

"It's right there, Cheryl!" I shouted, turning around quickly.

"God, your brother hurt Our sister!" Betty exclaimed pointing between herself and I. "This is what guys like Jason and Chuck think about woman, we're all objects to abuse, and when there done with us, they shame us into silence, they have zero remorse for the lives they destroy."

"Juliet?" Ethel said making me turn around while she had a look of sadness creeping it's way onto her face. "You're on here again..except your next to Jason's name this time."

"Seriously." I sighed, a single tear ran down my face.

"Maybe I don't know Jason." Cheryl said, walking away from the book and bringing me into a hug. "I'm so sorry."
She whispered.

"Take a picture, show it to Weatherbee, it'll be the perfect cover for your expose, Betty." Veronica said, taking a few picture of the book.

"Yeah, but no." Betty spoke. "These girls deserve justice, don't you think, Cheryl?" Betty asked, Cheryl pulled away from my embrace while I wiped my eyes.

"You want vengeance? You wanna go full dark, no stars, Veronica? I'm with you." Betty nodded, looking at the raven haired girl.

"So am I." I spoke darkly. "And I have plan."
.
.
.
.
Betty was sat at her vanity, placing the deep red lipstick over her lips, I stood behind her next to our mother.

"Seduce Scarlet doesn't suit you my dear." Alice said, shaking her head slightly.

"It's Polly's." Betty stated. "I'm borrowing it."

"Polly grew up to fast, I don't want you to make the same mistake."

"Well, I think it suits her." I spoke. Betty looked at me through the mirror. "I like It too, it makes me feel....powerful."

I watched as Alice took a makeup wipe from the desk and walk up behind Betty, my own lips held the same color as Betty's did, but she wasn't telling me to take it off.

"You both coming with us to the Mayors shindig?" Alice asked us both.

"No, we're going over to Veronica's to study for a test." Betty replied while Alice reached over a moved the wipe across Betty's lips, watching as the color faded onto the wipe. "I don't want you both associating with a girl like that!."

"A girl like Veronica?" I asked in shock. "A bad Girl?"

"Get used to it, Mom." Betty spoke while Alice chucked the wipe onto the floor, lipstick was smeared near Betty's lips. "She's our Friend."

Alice grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to her, taking another wipe before she wiped it over my lips, smiling as she also threw it on the floor. "Here, pink perfection." She said handing me the tube of lipstick. "It's more like the both of you."

.
.
.
Authors Note,

Thanks for reading this chapter!! This book is gonna be a long one! I can feel it.

~Robyn