Chapter 39

BETTY and I were sat next to each other as Archie sat across from us, Alice was cutting some pie  "who would have predicted this, Archie Andrews is our Fox in the hen house

BETTY and I were sat next to each other as Archie sat across from us, Alice was cutting some pie "who would have predicted this, Archie Andrews is our Fox in the hen house." She spoke placing a piece on Archie's plate, before getting some for Betty and I.

Betty looked anxious as she looked at Archie "Tell us about, Polly." She said "How is she? Did she seem okay?"

"The Blossoms are treating her great, but, Betty, I don't think she's coming back." Archie spoke "I don't think she wants to."

"Yeah, Betty, she may not want to come back home." I spoke, taking a bite of the pie.

"That doesn't make any sense, that's not Polly." Betty said in a defensive manner.

"She made her choice." Alice stated sitting down "we have to learn to live with that."

"No." Betty stated "I know my sister she wouldn't do that to us."

"Maybe something else is going on?" I questioned, taking a sip of water.

Betty nodded as she looked at me. "Yeah, maybe something is going on," I nodded my head and pushed my plate away, not feeling hungry.

"What else did you see, Archie?" Alice questioned Archie "when you were in the sticky, red thick of it? Anything about the board?"

"Cheryl said they're worried...that after the scandal with Jason and Polly, that they might try and steal the company from Mr. Blossom." Archie replied, looking over at Betty and I.

Alice looked shocked but slightly happy "we'll do you hear that, Betty?, Julie? This is our story." She looked over at us "a hostile takeover, no wonder the trustees are in town. The Blossom empire is crumbling."

"Okay, But, Mom, If you write a story attacking them while Polly's still in Thornhill." Betty spoke before Alice cut her off.

"Enough about Polly!" Alice spoke sternly "I mean it...She's the one who betrayed us, not the other way around."

"Okay, I'm going to my room." I stood up, looking at them before walking away.
.
.
.
It was the next morning the birds were chirping, School was in and I was getting dragged down the corridor towards Cheryl, yay.

"Cheryl?" Betty spoke as she stopped in front of Cheryl and her goons who were sitting on the steps leading up to the second floor. "Can we have a word?"

Cheryl sighed as she stood up "scatter, my vixens." She spoke telling her goons to leave, they obliged to her request as she looked at the three of us. "Yes, Betty?" Cheryl crossed her arms "What is it?"

"Polly." Betty responded as she looked up and Jughead and I before looking back at Cheryl, Jughead wrapped his arm around my waist as I leaned my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arm around his. "Look, I don't know what kind of Stockholm syndrome spell you've cast on her, but I want to talk to my sister."