~Chapter 3~

I SAT facing Archie as Betty sat down next to him, resting her face in her hand, the soothing voice of Archie's flowed through his laptop, making goosebumps appear on my arms

He looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back and continued to listen to his singing.

"Can I join?" The voice of Veronica's asked as she looked towards us, Archie closed his laptop. " Sure." I replied as Betty pointed towards the seat on the other side of Kevin.

"What are we doing?" The raven haired girl asked sitting down. Betty smiled widely "listening to one of Archie's songs!" she stated looking towards Archie, a loving look in her eyes.

"I thought I would have to pretend to like it but it's actually really good!" Kevin spoke, smiling.

"It is really amazing!" I added looking towards Archie who was already looking at me, a smile playing on the corner of his lips.

Veronica looked towards Archie with a little bit of shock upon her face. "Wait!" She stated. "That was you singing? Something you wrote?" She asked as she started to pick at her food.

"its Ruff." Archie stated before Betty cut him off. "No! It's great." She smiled.

"It's like I said–amazing, Arch!" I praised him.

"It's incredible." Veronica started. "The little snippet I heard, "Is that your thing? Music? Are you doing something with that?"

I watched as Kevin sent Betty a certain look before he looked at me the same way.

"Yeah, that's the plan." Archie said Giving her a tight smile. "So how's your  day going? Good?"

"Not to be a complete narcissist but I thought people would be more–"

"Obsessed with you?" Kevin asked, I giggled and held a hand over my mouth as i did so. "Any other year, you'd be trending number one, for sure." I spoke smiling at her, she gave me one back.

"This year, though, it's all about Cheryl trying to win best supporting psycho Oscar for her role as Riverdale High's bereaved Red Widow." Kevin spoke, making me nod my head in agreement.

Archie looked up suddenly "hey I should go, I got that meeting with Grundy and then football tryouts, so."

Archie stood up as Veronica started to speak. "You play football, too? What don't you do?"

Archie sent me a quick smile before grabbing his stuff and walking away, I stood up from my spot and took Archie's old seat, Betty smiled at me as she linked our arms.

"Before you ask, blue jasmine, no, she has not invited him to the dance yet!" Kevin said, referring to Betty.

"Not yet, and don't talk about Archie." Betty spoke quickly before returning to eat her food, Cheryl walked up to us and immediately turned to look at Veronica.

"Veronica Lodge, i'd heard whisperings." She said placing her hands on her hips. "I'm Cheryl Blossom, may I sit?" She asked before moving around to sit next to me. "Hey Juliekins." She said giving me a quick hug.

"So, what are you four hens gossiping about?" Cheryl asked as she stared intensely at the four of us. "Archie's Efron-esque emergence from the chrysalis of puberty." She smirked.

"Extracurriculars." Veronica stated as she looked towards me before looking back at Cheryl.

"Weatherbee wants to sign her up for a few." I said remembering what Veronica had told me about Weatherbee wanting her to sign up for a few Extracurriculars."

"Cheerleading!" Cheryl exclaimed. "You must! I'm senior captain of the River Vixens, Juliet is my co-captain." Cheryl said pointing towards me before pushing her hair behind her back.

It was true, I was the co-captain of the vixens, something that Jason asked me to do when he was still alive, so I could help his sister out.

"Is cheerleading still a thing? Kevin asked.

"Is being the Gay Best Friend still a thing? Some people say it's retro, I say it's eternal and iconic." Cheryl smirked as she looked towards him.

"At Spence, I sat at the top of the Elites' pyramid." Veronica said looking at Cheryl. "I'm in."

I immediately looked towards Betty and gave Veronica a gesture, Veronica smirked and looked at Betty. "Betty, you're trying out, too."

"Of course!" Cheryl said. "anyone's welcome to try out, but Betty's already got so much on her plate right now and being a Vixen is kind of a full-time thing." Cheryl said looking towards Betty's food, I rolled my eyes at Cheryl's lame attempt to say that betty was fat. "But, open to all!" She said standing up.

"Follow me on twitter and I'll do the same, my handle is@cherylbombshell." Cheryl smiled sweetly before walking away:

Veronica looked towards Betty. "Okay, go ahead and hate on cheerleading but if Hipster Prince Harry–"

"I'd love to be a cheerleader." Betty cut her off. I looked over at her with a hint of surprise covering my face.

"It would look good on your collage applications, Bets!" I smiled at her.

"But last year when I tried out, Cheryl said I was too fat." Betty frowned slightly.

"Which isn't true, I tired everything to get Betty on that team, but I wasn't co-captain then." I explained as Betty placed her head on my shoulder.

"Too season 5 Betty Draper, It was a great line, but not at all true." Kevin said agreeing with my statement.

Veronica looked at Betty and smiled "Well, you're a total smoke show now, I mean it."

"She's right Betty, you are smoking hot now." I said smirking, I could tell that Betty was blushing as she sat up straight.

"As hot and as smart as you are, you should be the Queen Bey of this drab hive. Look, if you want to be a River Vixen, I'll help you prep."

"We both will, i am sure Veronica has the moves." I said looking over at Veronica who nodded. "Yeah I have the moves."

"You know what?" Betty asked as I casually said. "What?"

"Show me your moves." She smiled while talking a bite out of her apple.

Authors Note,

Quite a long chapter! But I hope this wasn't confusing or anything!

I try to use the scrip sometimes! It's actually quite hard to add your own character in!

Follow! Comment! And Vote!

~Robyn