Chapter 43

TODAY marked the day of being Jughead's birthday, of course he told me not to tell anyone, the certain person being our very own, Betty Cooper

Betty would make a fuss out of it, throwing a party would be one of them. months of dating Jughead has given me a lot of time to get to know him, I knew he didn't want a party so I wasn't going to make him have one.

"Do you think Jughead will like this?" I asked Jerome, holding up the drawing I had been working on for the last week.

Jerome nodded his head as he stood up "It looks so real." He spoke while walking over and brushing his finger tips lightly over the drawing.

I smiled "that's exactly what I was going for." I looking down at the drawing, it was a drawing of Juggy and I, hence why it took me a week of perfecting its every quality and every detail.

"You even got his beanie right." Jerome mused as he sat down on the chair, I nodded and groaned "that was hard, his beanie is like his life line." I laughed "it has to be perfect."

"You did a magnificent job, he's gonna love it." He smirked as I put the drawing into the box and placing the chocolates I had bought over the top, securely placing the lid on top "Can you tie the ribbon over it please?" I asked, walking over to the kettle and turning it on.

"Sure, what color?" He asked.

"Um, black." I spoke hearing Jerome laugh once again "so basic."

"Yeah, Just like you." I spoke using a sarcastic tone, Jerome made a 'ooo' sound as he turned around "did I just get roasted?" He asked playfully.

"Obviously." I wet my lips and handed a mug to Jerome, he smiled like a child in a candy store as he took a sip "this tea is life."

"At least it has one." I giggled.

"Why are you so sarcastic today, child?" He asked as I shrugged "maybe it's something in the air."

"Anyhoo! Are you ready for school?" I asked with amusement lacing my voice as I stood up walking over to the floor length mirror.

I was wearing a gray collared shirt with a black denim mini skirt and some basic white converse on my feet and of course the beanie my Father gave me.

A simple outfit for a simple day.

"No and yeah." He said grabbing his School bag, I picked up mine and grasped the car keys in my hand. "You'll be great."

I threw the keys at Jerome and told him to get in while I said goodbye to Jen.

I opened the door and smiled "I'm off to school now." I spoke gently as she looked up at me, a small smile graced her appearance. "Have a great day, baby girl."

I leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Jessica and Rose should be coming over soon." I said as I walked over to the door.

Jen just smiled at me as I walked out, making my way out of the house and towards the car.
.
.
.
.
I had given Jerome the tour of the school, I could tell he was eager to see Betty, his eyes would be wondering around, looking for the preppy blonde.