Chapter 9

I WAS at Pop's sitting in a random booth, typing away at the keyboard of my Laptop rapidly, across from me was Jughead, also typing on his keyboard, I knew he was writing his novel on Jason, as the said boys body had been discovered a few days ago

"It's strange." I spoke up out of the blue, looking up towards Jughead, the birds chirped their song as the suns light beamed through the windows, it was 6am, what can I say...I'm am early bird.

"What is?" He asked me, tilting his head, making his Beanie slip slightly, I chuckled and shook my head softly. "If you keep tilting your head, your beanie will fall off!"

"It won't, I think." He shook his head slightly and shut his laptop while I did the same. "Now, what is strange?" He questioned.

"Jason actually being dead, I should feel something, sadness, grief...anger." I rambled.

"But you don't?" Jughead said in understanding. I nodded, it was true, I didn't feel anything, he was dead for good and I had done my grieving for him, I wasn't doing it again.

"How's your novel coming along?" I asked, smiling as he smiled widely. "Amazing, here...take a look." He said opening his laptop and sliding it over to me. "I need the password, Juggy."

"It's 'Crown'" he whispered while smirking. I rolled my eyes playfully and placed in the word and watched as the screen unlocked.

I read through his work and smiled, it was amazing...jughead really did have a gift for writing, maybe that's why I liked him...well I think i do? It doesn't matter anyway.

"You have a gift." I said giving him his laptop back. "You will become famous one day...remember me?" I smiled.

"How could I ever forget you? You're the Juliet to my Romeo." He said playfully, I laughed and nodded. "Damn right I am."

We both stood up and collected our things, school was starting soon and I didn't really feel in the mood to see Archie or Betty at the moment.

"What's on your mind, Juliet?" Jughead asked as we walked down the street, my denim jacket hugged tightly around my body as the wind blew in my face.

"Nothing much, food mostly." I smiled, he shook his head in laughed as he looked down at me. "Your something else aren't you?"

"Well, who else is lucky enough to have me in their life?" I asked, looking up at him as he nodded. "True, I'm lucky to have my own Juliet Ember Cooper in my life."
.
.
.
.
I was walking down the corridor next to Betty as I listened to Kevin talking about Archie. "Now that romance is off the table, I'll just say it.
Are we 100% sure that Archie's straight? Because no straight man has that body."