Chapter 38

I STOOD on the decking of my old home, a suitcase in hand with my duffle bag on top of it

Jen and I agreed last night it would be better for me to live with Alice, Well since Hal had been kicked out, Alice would need Betty and I, her daughters.

Knocking on the door, Alice answered tears coated her face and eyes as she looked at me, I could tell she had been crying, reaching forward I embraced her into a hug. "You came back." She cried.

"I'll always find my way back home." I pulled away, Alice grabbed my hand as we both walked onto the house, while she told me what I had missed.
.
"I'm sorry, mom." Betty spoke as she walked into the living room, Alice was looking at the old family portrait of all of us, I remembered that day, it was a good day. "I tried." Betty cried.

Tears were falling down all of our faces by now, Betty looked over at me and sobbed "You're home."

I nodded "I'm never leaving again." Betty walked over and sat on the other side of Alice, pulling her onto a hug as Betty comforted her, I looked over at Betty and held her hand, leaning over resting my head on Alice's shoulder, wrapping my arm around her.

We just sat there in pure silence, we didn't need to speak any words to understand that we needed each other.
.
.

Jughead, Betty and I were sat on my bed talking about random things, Jughead was sitting next to me as Betty was facing us. "Polly won't answer my calls or e-mails." Betty stated. "I mean I  get that she doesn't want to talk to my dad, but what did I do wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing, Betty." I sighed "Polly's ignoring me as well."

"Really?" Betty asked as I nodded, Jughead moved his hand so it was holding mine as Betty glanced down at our attached hands, a look of envy spread across her face before she smiled.

"We'll figure it out." Jughead spoke as he looked at me, kissing my head as I blushed.

A knock sounded at the door as Alice walked in, looking better then she did yesterday. "Up and at'em, breakfast is ready."

I smiled as she mentioned food. "I'm not hungry." Betty spoke as she sat against the headboard.

"Enough is enough Elizabeth, we have a big week ahead of us." Alice said as she started to clean up my room slightly. "The blossom's have always been a thorn in our side, ever since according to your milquetoast Father, great-Grandpappy Blossom killed Great-Grandpappy Cooper." Alice listed "Well, it's about time someone brings them to heel."

All I wanted was food, not a history lesson...I don't mind her cleaning my room though. "I'm writing a searing, no-holds-barred takedown of their clan."

"And you think that's going to bring Polly home?" Betty questioned, I leaned my head on Jughead shoulder, suddenly feeling bored, I know that Cheryl and I are good friends and the Blossom's  love me...but I really didn't care about what Alice was saying.