Chapter 10

"Hey Juggy

"Hey Juggy." I smiled as I sat down next to him, he fiddled with his pen and smiled back at me. "Hey there, Juliet."

Archie walked passed our table, looking at Jughead as he passed, I wet my lips before looking at the raven haired boy next to me in questioning. "What was that look for?"

"Nothing Julie, don't worry about it."

"Okay." I muttered before hearing one of Cheryl's 'followers' talking about Jason's death, effectively making me roll my eyes.

Jughead nudged me, making me look at him, he had a questioning look lingering in his greenish-blue eyes, making me smile while I got lost in them.

"What's going on in that pretty little mind of yours?" He asked, reaching over, tucking a piece of loose hair (that had fallen in front of my face) behind my ear "Jason's death and how annoying some people can be." I said the last part looking over towards Cheryl's friends.

"Ignore them, that's all you can do these days." The boy sighed.

"Thank you." I suddenly said, he looked over at me with a lob sided grin. "What for?"

"For always being here for me, for being a friend." He smiled and leaned over to give me a hug. "I'll always be here for you, you mean everything to me." He whispered into my ear, making me smile. "As do you." I replied, pulling away from him.

I looked up and saw Archie staring between Jughead and I, a look of jealousy lingering in his eyes before he quickly looked away.

"Seats, everyone. Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." The teacher spoke as he scurried into the classroom, I immediately looked over towards Jughead who was already smiling. "Work together?" I asked. "Of course."

"Can I be with Cheryl?" Archie asked.

"And I wanna be with Betty." Veronica smiled widely as she looked towards Betty, i snicker quietly, watching the look of shock cover Betty's face.

"Oh, uh, I was thinking I'd partner with Kevin." She replied, looking over at Kevin who nodded.

"Actually, uh, Keller's with me." Moose stated while he walked over to them, I held in my laugh before I turned to looked at Jughead and the two 'followers' of Cheryl, who had graciously joined our table, I tried to help them with the project, but cringed as Jughead cut into the dead Toad. "Ew, that's gross, man." I spoke, scrunching up my noise as the two girls ignored us and talked amongst each other.

He chuckled while looking at me. "It isn't that bad."

"I know, I just don't like the idea of cutting something up that used to be living."

Jughead smirked towards me and continued to do the thing I didn't want to do.
.
.
.
Betty, Kevin, Veronica and I were walking and holding our food as we talked about random things.

"So, what did moose want?" Veronica smirked at Kevin, I smiled and raised my drink slightly and took a small sip.

"Oh, my God, I don't even think he knows, I mean, I am devastatingly handsome in that classic, pre-accident Montgomery Clift kind of way, and sexuality is fluid, but can someone named Moose actually be that fluid?"

I laughed as I looked over at him. "Okay, well, I ship it." I spoke out as he laughed. "Like I'm the captain of the ship."

"I'll be co-captain." Veronica stated as she winked at me.

Kevin laughed. "Of course you would both ship it, Veronica, you're a big city girl with loose morals, Juliet, you're a hopeless romantic."

Kevin looked over at Betty and sighed. "I just meant that Moose has an official girlfriend, Midge." Betty nodded as she looked towards me, I smiled at her while she gave me a little one back.

"Anyway, it's terrible to say, but part of me wishes he would just stay in the darn closet."

"Oh hun, if he stays there any longer, he'll be all the way in Narnia" I spoke, giving him a small look as the four of us laughed.

Archie looked up at us as we neared the table.

"Very funny Juliet, but I obviously didn't mean an actual closet." Kevin replied, nudging my shoulder slightly.

Veronica sat down smiling. "Archie." She greeted. "Any new material you wanna try out on a very forgiving audience?" She asked, I sat down next her and placed my tray of food on the table, slowly talking a piece of cake from it and taking a bite.

Archie fiddled with his pencil. "I-I." He stuttered.

"Please?." Veronica asked. Holding her coffee cup in her hand as Kevin sat down next to me, Betty took the seat in front of Archie. "Would you? I'd love to hear it?" Betty asked, smiling.

"Yeah arch, please?" I asked, he looked towards me and sighed, placing down his pencil and grabbed his guitar. "I'm still working on the lyrics, so." He started to strum his guitar. "Okay." He muttered before he started to sing.

His voice was so angelic, the way he played like he had no care in the world, goosebumps appeared over my arms, making me smile, every word he sang had passion lacing it. Every artist spends years looking for their sound but Archie didn't need to search because he already found his.

I looked over at Betty, tears forming in her innocent green eyes making me frown, I listed to the lyrics and sighed, it was reminding her of the dance, the day she got her heartbroken. "Betty?" I asked quietly, but she didn't seem to hear me.

Veronica and Kevin clapped after Archie stopped playing.

"Betty? You okay?" Archie questioned, looking over at the sad girl.

Betty looked up and shook her head. "I'm supposed to say 'yes'..that's what the nice girl always says, but no, I'm not." She spoke, standing up.

I also stood and walked over to her, grabbing her hand as she continued to speak. "I want to be, I thought I could be, but it's too much, too fast, Archie." She whimpered the last part making me look down as a tear rolled down my face, guilt invading my body.

"Betty." Archie spoke, Betty let go of my hand and walked away, I let her go as another tear rolled down my face. Archie stood up and walked over to me. "Go to her." I whispered, he looked hesitant but nodded. "Betty wait!" He shouted, running away to follow the sad girl.

I looked over and saw him stop her. "Hey, um, I'm going for a walk." I muttered walking away from the table.

Authors Note,

I tried to add some Jughead and Juliet moments in here, how did I do? What should their ship name be?

I can't express how fun it is making edits for this fanfic, I love editing Katherine McNamara into the posters and making the covers for this book which I keep changing, I promise I will find one I like soon!

~Robyn