16 - Stay Strong

*Anthony's POV*

The doctor walks over to me, and my hands get clammy. I wipe them in my joggers and nervously run them through my hair.

"Excuse me, sir. Elizabeth is–" The doctor finished and turned away, but I missed the last words as the door slamming open and running footsteps pounding against the tile.

"Fuck," I mumbled, as I couldn't hear what the doctor was saying.

I cursed under my breath again and looked over at the hooligans who had become louder than the doctor. Chance and Tessa, with make up dripping down her face, ran in. They were followed by Jake and Erika, who were running at a slower pace. Finally, Logan burst through the door, following the crowd.

"Is she okay?" Jake asked, once he had finally reached me.

"I don't fucking know!" I groaned, running my hands through. my hair again.

"I thought the doctor was talking to you." Chance interjected, holding Tessa in his arms.

"Well he was, but you guys came in and I didn't hear what he said." I said, crossing my arms.

A different doctor came out and began walking towards us, a solemn look upon her face.

"Are you all here for Elizabeth Warner?" She asks, weakly smiling at us all.

I begin to say "no", but Jake cut me off.

"Yes, we are."

"I'm sorry, we can only let family in to see her."

"I'm her boyfriend," I say, before the others can protest.

"Okay, follow me, sir."

I nodded and followed the doctor into a long hallway.

"Elizabeth is stable, however she is in a coma. The cause of her...incident is unknown, but we are working to find out what caused it. Do you know what she was doing when she fainted?"

"Umm, yeah..." I said, thinking about what Elizabeth and I were doing. "We were hugging, and I just felt her go limp in my arms." Hugging, yeah...

"So it was random? Just out of the blue?"

I nodded and the doctor stopped out front of a room.

"If she is in a normal coma, which we believe she is, she will be able to hear you."

Stay strong, I told myself.

But I couldn't...

•another short one, i'm sorry! oh well, hope you enjoy it•