19 - Mystery Guy

*Anthony's POV*

My heart skipped a beat. Baby? What baby? Elizabeth never told me about a baby. Was I even the father? Questions swarmed my head and I glanced at the doctor.

"What baby?" I ask.

The doctor's face goes blank.

"I should get going..." She says, slowly backing away.

I sit in a chair for what seems like seconds, but was really hours. Tessa soon sat next to me.

"Did you know?" I murmur, quiet enough so only she can hear.

"About what?" She asks.

"The baby."

Tessa rests her hand on my shoulder. The small gesture is supposed to be reassuring, but it doesn't nothing.

She doesn't say anything. I'm not sure if that means she knows, or she does. Why can't people just be open with me? I stood up and was about to leave, when a doctor came out once more.

"You can see come and see Elizabeth, she's just waking up from anesthesia."

*Tessa's POV*

"The baby." Anthony said.

A million thoughts formed in my mind. What baby? It must have been a mistake. Surely Elizabeth would've told me if she were pregnant right? I would've definitely told her if I was pregnant. Even if she wouldn't have told me, she would've at least told Tony...right?

I didn't know what to say, so I just placed a hand on his shoulder. He brushed it off and stood up, walking over to a doctor. They began to talk and Anthony's face lit up. Just as I was going to ask what happened, the doctor led Tony away, through a door.

*Elizabeth's POV*

I blinked a few times, my eyes adjusting to the bright lights. Once I could actually see, I noticed a tall figure in blue hurriedly moving things around.

Where am I?

"You're awake!" The figure says, finally facing my way. "I'm Dr. Wright. You are unable to talk because of the breathing tube in your throat. We successfully replaced your heart!"

I looked around, still confused as to where I was.

"Is it okay to bring in some guests?" Dr. Wright asks.

I think I'm in the hospital...

Why?

I nodded, still unable to speak. She hurried out of the room, but returns a few minutes later followed by a tall guy with brown hair and brown eyes. When he locked eyes with me, a smile erupted on his face. He rushed over to my bedside and grabbed my hand.

"Elizabeth! Thank god you're okay!" He said, kissing my forehead.

I looked at him, bewildered. I don't know anyone who looks like this. He looked vaguely familiar, but I don't recall any memories with him.

I tried to ask him what his name was, but my throat started hurting. It was very sore, probably from the breathing tube.

The "mystery guy" tried to kiss me, but I pushed him away. A hurt look crossed his face but I ignored it.

Who is this guy?

•what did you guys just read? i feel bad but don't worry :) lmao, hope you enjoy! lately, my story has been getting a lot more reads. thank you all so much! it means a lot. i know i said this in the last author's note, but we are soooo close to 1k!! :) ily all!!•