47 - Feelings

*Elizabeth's POV*

"It's not your fault," Anthony coos. "It was her choice."

I don't say anything, although I want to. Instead, I sit there sobbing, wishing my best friend could be here, with me. After a while of sitting on my bed, I get up and stretch.

"Do you want to watch Netflix?" I ask, grabbing my laptop.

Anthony nods, and we order pizza and get cozy on my bed. I put on a horror movie, and rest my head on Anthony's chest. He wraps his arm around me and I am relieved to be back in his arms, even if we aren't anything more than friends. The pizza arrives and we eat it on my bed, while binge watching horror movies. 3 movies into our marathon, Anthony pauses me before I'm able to play another movie.

"Can I ask you something?" Anthony says, resting his hand on mine, as to stop me from playing the next movie on my list.

"Yeah," I shrug.

I don't think anything of his nervous motions, although I probably should.

"Would you let me take you out on a date? I know I hurt you, but I want a second chance. To prove that I can be a good guy. Please." He pleads.

His words surprise me. A part of me wants to say yes, but another part of me doesn't want to get hurt again. I don't know if I can trust him enough to say yes.

*Jake's POV*

I walk to the garage after Anthony follows Elizabeth upstairs. Her words sink in, and I know I should forgive him. Neither of them know my true feelings for her, and maybe it's better off like that, even if I can't call her mine. I don't want to lose Anthony. He is almost like a brother to me.

If I talk to Elizabeth about my real feelings, I could lose her friendship and Anthony's too. But if I don't tell her, I'll have to live with the regret of knowing I didn't try to get the girl I loved.

After hours of contemplation, I decided to tell Elizabeth. She needs to know, no matter what the cost. I know she'd choose Anthony over me any day, but I need to tell her anyway. I run up to her bedroom and take a deep breath. I open the door, and don't look at anything before blasting into my speech that I had prepared.

"Elizabeth, there's something I've needed to get off my chest for a while now. I have feelings for you, like I-want-you-as-a-girlfriend feelings. I know you'll always choose Anthony over me, but he hurt you. Can you give me a chance to prove that I'm better than him? I won't hurt you, I promise." I ramble. That's when I notice him sitting on the bed.

"What the hell man?"

•yo what's up my dudes. hope y'all enjoy this crappy chapter. lots of drama idk why i did this cuz i'm ending it soon! 3 chapters left!•