42 - Return

*Elizabeth's POV*

Anthony closes the door behind him and whispers something I can't make out. I miss him. I miss having him by my side at all times. I want him to be there for me and I want to be there for him. No matter how much he hurt me, I love him. But can I forgive him?

I lay in the bed and think about what just happened. What did I do? Did I do the right thing? Am I just overreacting? I love Anthony. I always will. But he hurt me. I groan and roll over, into my stomach. I hate my emotions. I bury my face in the pillow and I begin to cry, letting out all my tears from the past few weeks that I'd been holding in.

I wish Tessa and Erika were here, along with Jake. My best friends, whom I depended on. I wish I could explain my feelings and get some input on their ideas. But they're 5,000 miles away.

Anthony, you've really fucked me up.

*Anthony's POV*

I stare at the blank white door in front of me. How could my feet lead me back here? I was trying to escape this, to escape her, to escape my everlasting love for her. Instead of turning away, I knock on the door. Why? I don't know. Something inside me overtakes. I hear a light sob and sniffle, then her soft footsteps approach the door and I quickly wipe my already dry eyes. As she begins to open the door, I throw it open wide and wrap my arms around her. I've missed having her in my arms, even though I know I caused this. I'm the reason she's gone. I'm the reason she hates me. I'm the reason I lost one of the most important things in my life—her love. She is stunned at first, unsure as to what I'm doing. Then, she hugs me back.

"Anthony... What are you doing here? I thought you left, why did you return?" She asks.

"Elizabeth, I am so fucking sorry. I know you hate me, but I need you. I hate myself more and more each day for cheating. I pitted myself for your absence. I never knew my consequences would be losing my one and only, the one I love. Please, forgive me. I need a second chance to prove to you that I can be good, I can be better. Please. I love you."

Elizabeth gasps, then breaks away. She looks at me and bites her lip. I see the fear in her eyes, and the hurt. I wish I could go back and fix my mistakes. If I could go back in time, I would never hurt her. Ever.

"I...I love you too.

•oof another shitty chapter. it's also super short, sorry. i'm super busy, but the next few chapters will be much better! hope you guys like this one anyway! thanks for reading!•