17 - No, It Won't

*Anthony's POV*

I was supposed to run over to her bed and grab her hand. Kiss her, hug here, just talk to her. But I couldn't.

My feet were glued to the group and my heart rate quickened. Seeing her, the love of my life, hooked up to all those...machines took all my strength away. It took everything in my power not to collapse, as I turned away.

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth." I whispered, turning away and jogging down the hallway.

I just couldn't do it. I couldn't stay strong.

*Jake's POV*

I watched Anthony leave the hospital. Chance must've saw too, because he whispered something to Tessa and turned to follow Tony. He, too, exited the hospital. I debated following them, but decided to stay. Elizabeth meant more to me than my best friends, even though I care about them. Erika needed me here, too. I wrapped and arm around her and kissed her forehead. A few moments later, her and Tessa went to get coffee.

"I gotta shoot." Logan said, also leaving the hospital.

I was standing, texting both Chance and Anthony, without any answers when a doctor came out and walked over to me, asking about Elizabeth.

"Are you here for Elizabeth Warner?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm one of her best friends." I said, following the doctor down a corridor.

"Elizabeth is stable, however she is in a coma and we don't know if or when she will wake up. We do know why she fainted. I didn't tell her boyfriend because I wasn't sure how he would react. Elizabeth has a rare heart condition, that cannot be cured. We have her on life support right now, but she may not make it."

"What?" I croaked, not sure if I heard her right.

Sadly, I did.

*Chance's POV*

I followed Anthony as he ran out of the hospital. Instead of turning the corner to the parking lot, he continued running down the sidewalk. I chased after him, increasing my speed until I reached him. I clasped a hand on his shoulder and stopped him. He spun around to face me, his eyes red and puffy.

"Anthony, it's going to be okay." I say, bringing him into a hug.

I knew he would be emotional like this. His feelings for Elizabeth are so strong. He loves her endlessly, with a passion. Just as I love Tessa. I separated the hug, but kept a hand on his shoulder.

"No, it's not. I'm tired of people saying it's going to be okay when it's really not. She's not going to be fine. She's hooked up to machines. Those machines are what's keeping her alive." He brushed my hand off his shoulder, and turned away.

I glanced down at my phone and saw a text from Jake.

"Anthony, we need to go."

•Hope you guys are enjoying this story! thank you for almost 700 reads! if you think about it, we are soooo close to 1k!!! :)•