44 - Doorbell

*Jake's POV*

Chance and I created a list of possible places where Anthony would go. I doubt Anthony would be at any of these places, but I don't tell Chance that. Anthony isn't stupid, he knows we're going to look, and he knows where we're looking. I add one more place to the list, because maybe there's a slight chance he'll be there.

France.

*Chance's POV*

"Come on, Chance. We gotta book a flight." Jake begs.

"Jake! Why would he go to France? You know how he feels about Elizabeth, and that would
just push him over the top. He wouldn't be in France. That's just a waste of time and money," I sigh, crossing my arms.

The house hasn't been the same without Anthony or Elizabeth, and I miss the excitement. Team10 doesn't feel like a family anymore. We need them both. They were such a huge part of our lives, and added so much to our days. Everyone in the team loved them. I think Anthony's disappearance shook them up a bit, some more than others.

*Tessa's POV*

I'm sitting on the couch, on my phone, when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" I shout.

I rush over to the door and opening, barely glancing at who it is.

"What do ya need?" I ask, glancing up at the figure in front of me. "Elizabeth!"

"Tessa!" She squeals, wrapping her arms around me. "Holy fuck, I missed you so much. It's so good to be back. Where's the rest of the team?"

"Chance and Jake are upstairs, Erika is at the gym, the Martinez twins are in Spain again, everyone else is out, and Anthony is..." I trail off.

"Gone," Elizabeth whispers, unshed tears glistening in her eyes. "It's my fault."

"Hon, it's not your fault." I reassure her. "He chose to cheat, chose to leave. It's no one's fault but his own."

The past few weeks shook Elizabeth up bad. I can see the pain and hurt in her eyes. She didn't deserve this, any of it. Elizabeth had to experience so much bad look. Why do all the good people get the worst karma?

"I wish he were here," I whisper. "I miss him. We all do."

"I'm glad I could convince him to come home, then."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Surprise," Anthony says sheepishly, stepping out from behind the wall.

•ugh terrible chapter. i've been saying that a lot lately. this is super short too. sorry dudes. thanks for 3k. you guys are the best, ily all!!•