18 - Baby?

*Anthony's POV*

Chance and I sprinted back to the hospital, and returned within minutes. The whole time I was asking Chance why we were going back, but he refused to tell me. Once we walked inside, I noticed Tessa and Erika crying in each other's arms. Logan was pacing back and forth, nervously running his fingers through his hair. Jake was resting on a chair, staring into space.

"Jake, what happened?" I asked, creeping over to him as Chance ran over to Tessa.

"It's Elizabeth..." he choked.

"What happened?"

"She's..." He trailed off.

"What the fuck happened?" I yelled, getting angry. I just wanted to know what happened. Elizabeth was special to me. Was she even okay? As far as I know she could be...

"I'm sorry, Tony."

Then it hit me.

My knees went weak, and I collapsed into the chair next to Jake.

"No, no, no," I repeatedly muttered to no one in particular.

"She's in surgery, Tony. She has a rare heart condition that is incurable. They are replacing her heart right now." Logan said, but his voice sounded distant.

I wanted nothing more to wrap Elizabeth in my arms and kiss her soft lips. I wanted to have her next to me, her warm body against mine. I wanted to feel her smooth hand in mine, her long arms wrapped around me. I wanted to feel her silky hair, her green eyes staring into mine. I just wanted her.

I am definitely falling for her. I'm falling for her hard...

*Tessa's POV*

Elizabeth was like a sister to me. Maybe we weren't super close, but she was still an amazing person. She didn't deserve anything she was going through. I followed Chance to the chairs and rested my head in his lap. No matter what Elizabeth did, she definitely didn't deserve to be here in the hospital.

Anthony doesn't deserve this either. He's completely head over heels for her. Tony's got the love of his life in the hospital. She might not even make it out... Who knows?

I hope she does...

*Anthony's POV*

After a while of thinking, a doctor came out to us. It must've been 3 hours since we found out she was in surgery.

"Mr. Trujillo?" She asked, walking over to me.

She extended her hand. I stood up and shook it.

"We understand that no one here is directly related to Elizabeth, correct?" I nodded.
"Okay, does she have any close relatives? Family, friends, parents, siblings?" The doctor asks.

"Not that I know of," I say, glancing down at my shoes.

This could go better. This definitely couldn't be worse...

"Okay, well, Elizabeth just got out of surgery. We successfully replaced her heart. However, I'm so sorry. We couldn't save the baby..."

•What baby? Who's the father? More cliffhangers!! Thank you for 700 reads!•