Meet Katherine

Katherine

I sit in the back of the swat car, in handcuffs. My, thick, black hair is pulled in a messy bun which contains a finger knife hidden in my locks. I am impatient. By now, my twin brother Kaleb, would've rescued me and we would've taken this mob on by ourselves. But its been forty five minutes and nothing has happened.

I can tell we're outside of Miami city limits so I decide that Kaleb isn't going to be my savior. Have to take things into my own hands. I bounce my leg.

There are three big guys with guns sitting in the back with me. Even when I take them out, I still have to get that back door open. It doesn't look heavy. I can kick it down if I put my mind to it.

I play with the long, thick chain that is attached to the handcuffs. I can use this to my advantage. My leg bounces harder now, making my foot go crazy. Tap tap tap. I crack my neck.

5.

I am going to kill Kaleb.

4.

I'm going to kill Nobody for not sending in troops. I am after all, his best member.

3.

I can use the heel of my boot as a knife.

2.

I will not stop until I'm off this truck.

1.

LETS GO.

I bang my head into the guy sitting next to me and grab his gun. I shoot one officer but it lodges in his shoulder because the guy I hit in the head, has ahold of my hands. I drop the gun. Bullet wound guy charges at me and I kick him in the stomach, my heel getting stuck in his flesh. I yank it out. The other guy is pointing his gun at me. I bite the guy that's holding me, stand up and charge at him. I take the small knife from my hair and snake it across his face, blood gushing. He screams. I am grabbed by the neck and my face is smacked against the wall. I reach up and claw my nails down the guys arm until his grip loosens. I wrap the chain around his neck and squeeze. The bullet wound guy seems like he can get up and fight. I squeeze the guy until he stops struggling. I pick up the gun I dropped and point it at the wounded man.

"Unchain me. NOW!" I screamed, blood dripping from my mouth.

He slowly pulled keys out his pocket and was pretending to undo my cuffs when he socked me in the stomach. Wind was knocked out of me. I grunted and heaved. He punched me in the face, repeatedly. I felt my face go numb with pain and I knew I had to fight back. I drove my knee into his chin, repeatedly until his skull snapped. I am trying to get out of here and he has the nerve to play games with me. Once he was down, I grab the keys and unchain myself, panting. My ribs hurt, my head hurts and so does my knee. I look at the door.

"Okay, Kat, you've made it this far. Mother didn't raise a bitch!" I sighed, moving across the truck. "One. Two. THREE!"

I lunge at the door, my adrenaline spiked to the roof. My body slams into the door, it bursting open and me, falling out. The cool pavement meets my face first and my body tumbles for a good minute before coming to a stop.

I lay on my back, look at the sky and focus on getting my breathing right.