The Spark

Brian

Katherine spoke Russian to the nurses as they handed her my discharge papers. I buttoned up my pants and felt my leg get heavy. I sat back down on the bed. Katherine finished her conversation and came over to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I smiled at her.

She simply stared at me. "You're lying."

"How would you know?" I got a bit excited. I figured she was getting her memory back.

"I don't know." She dropped her gaze. Now she's lying. "I just feel it."

I took her hand and she tensed up.

"Not there yet?" I asked.

She shook her head. I let her hand go and my phone buzzed. Dom texted me that the vehicle Nobody Inc. supplied us with was ready to go. I told Katherine. She grabbed a wheelchair from the corner of the room and I sat in it. She began wheeling me to the exit. Outside, Dom and the team were waiting in the truck. This truck reminded me of Luke Hobbs. We haven't heard from him in a long time. I wondered how his daughter was doing. We got secured in the truck and drove off onto the highway. Katherine looked around at all of us.

"This doesn't feel very good." She told me.

"Hmm?" I looked at her.

"Cold shoulders." Katherine shrugged.

"Well, you ditched us....again." Kaleb snapped.

Katherine frowned softly but didn't say anything. Dom sped up the car. The ride lasted maybe ten minutes in peace when a black car abruptly cut us off. Through the window, so could see another car on the left of us and one behind us.

"It's Bill's underground team." Katherine stated calmly.

"Okay, well, do you think you can tell them to back off because the gun they're loading in the car  in front of us will take us all out with one shot." Dom sighed.

Katherine grabbed a big gun off of the rack in the back. She checked to see if it was loaded and she cocked it. She turned around in her seat and aimed it to the truck behind us. She shot at it numerous times and the car started to spiral out of control. It swerved and hit the divider, exploding.

"The window." Katherine cocked the gun again.

I leaned back in my seat, Kaleb and the team ducking. Katherine put her eye to the scope and readied herself but when I rolled the window down, shots were fired inside the truck. Katherine leaned back against her seat and growled.

"Fucking bitches." She hissed.

I looked in her eyes. It had that spark. That crazed spark that I saw when I first met her. It was like she was my Katherine, saving our lives. I missed her.

The shooter ran out of bullets and drew back to reload Katherine flung herself to the door and opened it. The driver looked stunned. Katherine shot the shooter and hit the driver in the head. He fell unconscious. Katherine jumped on the side of the car, one leg on the hood, the other inside the car, on the driver leg and her hands were on the steering wheel.

"No matter what is going on with her, she still has the instinct to shoot first and laugh later." Letty commented.

"She's Katherine." I smiled wide as I saw her speed the car to the vehicle in front of us.

She made it side by side and jumped from the pointless car. She slid across the hood and grabbed onto the side as support. She opened the door and jumped in. I didn't see what was happening but apparently she did something right because her fist flew through the glass in the rear window and she smiled wide at us, waving.

"She's also bat shit crazy." Kaleb added.

Katherine slithered her way out of the window and jumped onto the roof of our vehicle. She slid in through the top window and sat back in her seat.

"That right there..." I whispered to her. "Was the woman I fell in love with."

She dropped her head but I knew she was smiling.