Give Up?

Brian

"This place is a fucking mess!" Kaleb shouted as we stood in Katherine's office. "Who the fuck was those motherfuckers?! I will find them and kill them!"

Brooke was sitting on the couch and covered her ears.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Kaleb pushed her hair back. He turned to Tej. "Tej, give us something."

"There's absolutely nothing on the radar." Tej shook his head.

I rubbed my face.

"We're going to have to work this without Godseye this time." Dom sighed. "We're a team that's been tracking people down way before we joined this organization. We're good at what we do."

"Yeah. But we track down criminals. People we need to eliminate." Letty pointed out.

"So, we'll treat Katherine like she's a criminal." I threw my hands up.

"No we won't." Nobody walked in with Mrs. Howard. Mrs. Howard looked as if she's been crying.

"What?" Kaleb frowned.

"Surveillance footage showed the lethal group called the Alites." Nobody stated. "I've had a few of my team's run in with them and half of my men got slaughtered. Whoever took Katherine has a method of tournament. They use anything that'll hurt someone and use it against them to break them. And once they crack the layer of sanity, they use brainwash."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Every five years, whoever this guy is, he recruits new members and slaughters the old ones. Katherine wasn't taken just because, she's going to be apart of the Alites. And once he, lets call him Josh, gets ahold of her mind, she won't be Katherine anymore. She'll be brutal."

"Katherine is strong." Kaleb began.

"It doesn't matter!" Nobody shouted, suddenly vexed. We all looked at him. "My brother was strong. Very strong. And he was recruited into the Alites. They killed him."

I raised my eyebrows.

"It doesn't matter how strong you are or how much you can take. They have time and patience and will torture you until you wish you were dead. And when it's all said and done, you sort of will be."

"What's the purpose of Josh's techniques?"

"To bring Katherine back to her roots, most likely. Return her to what she was before marriage and children."

"A cold blooded killer." I whispered.

"And when that happens?" Alina asked.

"There will be a day when Katherine pops up on Godseye. And you will save her. But you won't bring her home and wrap her in a blanket with a glass of wine. You'll put a bullet through her brain." Nobody ordered.

"Excuse me?" Kaleb frowned.

"She'll be too far gone."

"We don't turn our back on family." Dom told him. "Brian was a cop, jeopardized my family and myself. Letty lost her memory and shot me, tore down half of London. We are a family."

"Okay. So what happens when Katherine 2.0 kills your family? What then?" Nobody narrowed his eyes.

"I can save her. We will save her. Even if we have to strap her down and force her to remember everything." I looked at my girls. "We aren't giving up."

"The last thing I want to do is give up on Katherine. I watched her go from a ruthless killer to a wife and a mom and the face of Nobody Inc." Nobody sighed. "But one life shouldn't overpower everyone else's."

He placed a hand on Mrs. Howard's shoulder and she looked at him. Her eyes had tears in them. She dropped her eyes and walked out, glass cracking under her shoes. Nobody sighed.

"Let her go or pay the price." Nobody waved a hand.

He walked out, too.

"Anyone wants to give up, leave now." Dom looked around.

No one moved.

"All right. Let's track her down."

-

Okay so my tattoo is starting to peel and it's making it itchy and I can't scratch it cuz it'll mess it up so I have to put AD ointment on it. 🙄

Also, Toothy needs a serious attitude adjustment. Very sassy little girl. But I love my Toothy

-Chicken Soup 🍜