Mother and Daughter

Katherine

I parked my car outside of my mother house and hurried out. My son was starting to kick way too hard. I walked in with no invitation and found my mother packing up her liquor glasses. I was in full black out mode.

"Why, love, pleasant surprise. Though, by the look on your face, I believe you've found your husband?"

"You're going to run the organization in the exact country everything was taken from you?" I hissed. "ARE YOU MAD?"

"Not mad, Katherine. Seeking. I need a new life. This one is filled with unprofessionals and quite frankly, I'm appalled that you let it get this bad."

"Me?"

"Yes, you! Nobody left his baby in your hands and its fucking crumbling to the ground. There is no more Nobody Inc. There is no more action and there's no more Katherine Howard. All this peace and love you're trying to spread around is kind of ridiculous. Pick up a gun, shoot that bullet and get your head back in the game."

"I have children now."

"Dont make excuses for you lack of preformance. I still managed to work while giving you both milk from the nipple."

"And that's why we're so fucked now! You raised us to be beasts."

"No. Your father and I raised you to be warriors. And a warriors heart means nothing in the battle of blood."

"I wont be you. You get that, right? My children will be children, they will be teenagers and whatever they want to do, I will support them all the way. It is about loving your children when they dont love themselves. Its about honoring their choices! A parent isnt a damn drill sargent!"

"Maybe we didnt drill enough." Mother walked to a different cabinet. "Maybe that's why you've fallen off completely and utterly dishonorable."

I grabbed the box of glasses, took one out and threw the rest on the floor. I broke the one in my hand and charged at her. In that moment...I wasn't a mother. I wasnt a daughter. I wasn't a person. I was Katherine Howard. Someone I havent been in a long time. My mother brought me back to life with a few words of my preformance. That says alot about me. I wasnt aware of my angry baby kicking in me, or the fact that I was holding a shard of glass to my mother's neck with no intentions of letting her go. I was my true self.

"You can degrade me, laugh at me and you can leave me." I spat at her. "But you touch the love of my life again and I swear to you, the child you raised will be the last thing you see as you slip into death. You brag about your ability to be a mom and a soldier and a wife but I dont want anything except love and I have it. Where is your love? Buried in a cemetary. You go deal with the British Base and just know that if you get kidnapped again, it wont be me leaving my life to come to your aid."

I blew her a kiss and let her go, placing the glass in her hand. My mother seemed stunned.

"You are your mother's daughter, arent you?" My mother asked, voice shaky.

I looked her in the eyes and smiled slowly. "Yeah, I am."