No More Bases

Brian

Katherine is pacing back and forth in front of the conference room. Today there was a phone call that before the Brashers, the last standing base, could evacuate...they were bombed. Chase, Kaleb, Mrs. Howard and Katherine looked upset. There was over ninety five casualties and five people are hospitalized.

"They wanted my twins." Mrs. Howard sighed. "They begged us to transfer my children. If I would've excepted, they would be dead."

"But you shipped them to America." Chase rolled his eyes.

"And one of them runs an organization, the best organization in America. So I think I made a good call." She replied.

"Guys." Katherine was still pacing.

"You guys betrayed us when you switched to the enemy." Chase shot back.

"The enemy? You called us because you needed help." Mrs. Howard hissed.

"Guys." Katherine repeated.

"Maybe if you would've kept your twins where they belonged, we wouldn't be in such a horrible place."

"My children were better off without you and your bullshit organization."

Yeah. Katherine is exactly like her mother. She was about to continue but she stopped short and got quiet. Kaleb looked at her sharply. She was breathing heavy. She was fine in a second.

"Can you two stop your bickering?" Katherine sighed. "This is our home, regardless of what-"

"America became our home when we were transferred." Kaleb disagreed.

"We were born, raised here. We rode our first bikes, took our first drink, smoked our first joint here. It's our home."

"You also got married, had kids, got a promotion in America. It is our home now."

"Fuck off!" Katherine shouted.

"Why are you still holding on to London?"

"London is better, you twit. Goodness, America has made you stupid." Chase rolled his eyes.

Kaleb took a step towards him. I grabbed Kaleb and told him to take a walk. He left the room, fuming. Katherine waited until he was out of sight. She then swirled Chase's chair around to face her and she leaned close to his face.

"I may be helping you and playing professional, but I'm still a Howard. And if you disrespect my brother again, I'll take this suit off real quick and rearrange that pretty little face of yours. Don't. Test. Me." Katherine said lowly.

"A Howard could easily become your enemy." Chase sighed.

"Damn straight. Never forget it." Katherine replied.

"The same truck was seen leaving the Brashes Base." Tej was busy on the computer.

"Run the license plate, get a photo of everyone in the vehicle. I need something within the next hour Tej. They just wiped out all London's bases."

"There's cops in London, right?" Letty asked.

"No shit there's cops. You thinks cops alone can handle terrorists, underground bastards?" Katherine hissed. "It's going to take years to get those organizations up and running. Fuck. Tej, give me something!"

"The vehicle belongs to Jeremiah Foste. Ex marine, current restaurant owner." Tej replied.

"A fucking restaurant owner? A fucking restaurant owner." Katherine kept repeating.

Kaleb walked back in, much calmer. He had a cup of coffee in his hand. He sat down.

"Find the hiding grounds, Tej. We need to move fast before they escape and cause havoc some place else. I'm going to stop these bloody bastards today." Katherine then walked out.

"Like I said, she's sexy when she's angry." Chase looked me dead in the eye when he said it.

I grinned, wanting to punch him in his face.

-

Love or hate Chase?

-Chicken Soup 🍜