Back Home

Brian

Katherine and I walked into our house. I was holding Brooke and Ruby and Katherine was holding Quinn. Home sweet fucking home.

"Tomorrow, we take Ruby for hearing device." Alina reminded us.

"Got it." Katherine nodded.

I set Ruby and Brooke on their play mat in the living room and turned on cartoons for them. Katherine was still snuggling Quinn.

"You okay there?" I asked her.

"The thought of ever losing my child. I wouldn't be able to survive that. Ever." Katherine shook her head. "I don't want them to be like us, Brian. I don't want to train them to be killers. I want them to grow up happy and safe and get a regular nine to five job."

"I'm with you on that one." I nodded.

"They deserve better than what we got." Katherine finally put Quinn down with her sisters. I gave her a kiss.

"We're good parents." I replied. "They'll have an amazing life."

"We got this." She held up her hand.

I gave her a high five.

"Unpack, shower. Kale shake coming." Alina walked in.

"No more kale shakes." I groaned.

"You want wrinkles and fat?" Alina placed a hand on her hip.

"No." I rolled my eyes.

"Kale shake."

"Whatever." I laughed.

Me and Katherine paused.

"Hurry up. Now. Aмериканцы всегда так упрямы." Alina snapped. "Никогда не слушайте никого."

"We are not stubborn." Katherine replied. "And I'm not American."

I looked at her, surprised.

"Hurry up." Alina repeated.

Katherine and I went upstairs to unpack.

"Your my wife. What else don't I know about you? You speak Russian now?"

"I speak many different languages, honey." Katherine replied, opening her duffel.

"Like?"

"Spanish, Russian, Chinese but very little, Bulgarian." Katherine listed.

"What the fuck?" I am completely surprised. "Speak a little Bulgarian to me."

"Искам да ме постави на това легло и да ме чука, докато не мога да преместя краката си." Katherine purred very lowly. It was almost seductive.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"If I told you, we wouldn't leave this room until tomorrow morning." Katherine grinned.

"I like the sound of that." I laughed.

Katherine giggled and shook her head.

"What else don't I know about you?" I crossed my arms.

"I never planned on marriage and kids because I hate everyone, I hate Kale shakes, I'm ticklish, Bourbon is my favorite liquor, I hate Twilight, I hate chick flicks, I hate Nissan Skylines, my natural hair texture is wavy." She placed one hand on her hip and waited for me to process.

"You hate skylines?" I asked, hurt.

"All of that and your worried about the car." Katherine shook her head.

"How did I not know these things?" I asked.

"Baby, marriage is about finding out who your significant other is." Katherine flipped her hair over her shoulder. "There's still more that you don't know. But with time, you'll find more out. Give me some things I don't know about you."

"I can't think of anything you don't know about me." I replied.

"Favorite kind of porn?" Katherine asked.

"I...I...I don't watch-" I began.

"Oh bullshit. Every guy does."

"I'm not every guy." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. I kissed her long and hard. "I don't need it when I have you, baby."

"Not buying it." She pulled away and finished unpacking.

"Believe what you want." I shrugged. "Here's one thing: I sometimes wish I was young and carefree again. Racing my amazing skyline in Miami, hanging in the garage with Tej and Suki and Jimmy and eventually Rome. I haven't seen them in a while."

"Why not? Do you have their contact information?" I asked.

"I do." I nodded.

"Invite then over. Suki and Jimmy could meet the girls, you guys can work on stupid cars in the garage. Reunite."

"Your serious."

"You miss the old days, correct? Well being the old days to the future." Katherine walked out of the room. "I can hear the blender already, you better hurry up."

-

Do you guys like it when Katherine and Brian are bonding or do you like the drama?

-Chicken Soup 🍜