Ms. Nobody

Katherine

The days of Nobody's retirement comes closer. The whole organization is set to have a conference in a few days to determine who will be the next boss. Of course, everyone is looking at me. Do I want the position, of course. It will give me desk time rather than field time. I'll still be working only in a different way. And the pay...our girls would be set for college.

"Babe." I walked into Brian and I's bedroom one night.

He was rubbing Quinn's back. She's sick at the moment so we have her in our bed instead of the room with her siblings.

"Hm?" He asked.

"We should move." I sat on the bed.

"What? Why?"

"We have Alina, three kids and us. The girls are getting bigger. Soon gonna need their own space. Alina shouldn't have to listen to future sex."

He paused, thinking. "We could boot Alina."

"Absolutely not. She's been there for us, Brian. Stayed up late at night with the girls, taught us how to care for children...she's not just someone we need to protect anymore, Brian. She's our friend."

"All right, all right. Just a thought, baby. You want to move, let's move." Brian smiled.

I kissed his cheek and laid beside him and Quinn.

"She threw up three times in the last three hours." Brian shook his head. "If she's not better by tomorrow, she's going to the ER."

"Agreed." I nodded.

"My poor baby." Brian pouted.

I smiled at him. "Do you think I'd make a good boss?"

"You make a good wife and mom. You pretty much already are the boss." Brian laughed. "Is this about the whole promotional party thing?"

"Yeah."

"You want the position?" He asked, moving his hand to stroke my hair. Quinn started crying so he moved his hand back to her again.

"Of course I do."

"My money's on you, babe." Brian smiled warmly.

-

The day finally comes. Who will be the next leader of Nobody Inc? Who will guide the teams through the right paths? I pray it's me. And so we all wait in the conference room. Nobody is taking forever in his office. Alina made me dress up in professional suit. It's tight. I hate it.

"My apologies about that." Nobody walked in the room with a case file. He walked to the front of the room. "My father was the creator of Nobody Inc. The underground feds that handle the most deadliest cases. And I have my teams. My computer band, my field narrators and my file management. My father passed this company on to me and told me that the day will come where I must stand down as your leader. But I must choose someone in the family. I'm seventy five years old, I have no living relatives. Never had any children. But I did adopt children."

I got red.

"The obnoxious and devilish twins we've come to love and hate. Katherine and Kaleb Howard. It was not easy choosing between the two of you. But I know I made the right decision in choosing who will this team in the right direction. And I state proudly that I choose Katherine Howard."

All eyes fell on me. Kaleb was beside me and looked down at me. I looked in his eyes. He didn't look mad but proud. Nobody waited for me to join him at the front of the room and I did so. He placed a certificate in my hand and I looked down at it.

"Ms. Nobody!"

Everyone gave me claps and cheers. I smiled wide.

I did it. I am the new face of Nobody Inc.

-

So, uhm, ya girl is on season 3 of Criminal Minds.

Is Greys Anatomy good?

Sorry for not publishing any new chapters, it was my best friend birthday and I was trying to plan an epic surprise that'll make her emotional (because she's pregnant) but then she didn't leave the house so me and her bf couldn't really do anything. So we just got her a cake and food.

-Chicken Soup 🍜