Mysterious Traffic

Brian

"You do know that, if it comes down to it, you might have to fight her, right?" Letty asked me.

I sped the car up to ninety miles per hour. Kaleb told me to keep going straight. This would lead us right to the facility Katherine was allegedly being held at.

"A gun to your head, do you break her wrist and take it or do you let her pull the damn trigger?" Letty continued.

"It won't get to that point." I sighed.

"He's in denial, Dom." Letty told Dom.

"He knows Katherine best."

"Actually, I know Katherine best." Kaleb piped up from way in the back.

I realized we were slowly starting to get into traffic. I frowned.

"I know for a fact that without the brainwash, she would try to kill you. And now she has a scrambled brain so yeah, you better defend yourself quick." Kaleb continued.

Cars were rapidly slowing down. I can see far up ahead that cars were stopping abruptly. I didn't have time for this. I whipped into the exit lane, getting angry honks. I didn't care.

"What are you doing?"

"Avoiding traffic."

"Well, I can't find another route this way." Kaleb complained.

I ignored him and kept the car moving. I can probably keep making lefts until we find a street that leads to the highway, ahead of the traffic. These roads were vacant almost.

"Anyway, Brian, I get that you love Katherine but if you have to kick her ass then do it." Kaleb said.

"The goal isn't to fight. It's to cuff her and bring her back home. Your mother is going to help us get her back." I held up a hand.

"With that? Old home movies and photos of our happily family once upon a time?" Kaleb rolled his eyes.

"Stop!" Alina snapped at him. "You were devastated when you thought she was dead and now you want to fight her?! Just shut the fuck up!"

Kaleb rolled his eyes. "I thought my sister was dead because she was missing. Now I know that she is killing people for kicks!"

"She's brainwashed!" I told him.

"Was she brainwashed before she met you?!" He got angry. "No. She shot someone in the head when we got off our flight coming to America and just walked away without the blink of an eye! And believe me, she was totally fine!"

"We've all killed under our own will. It's apart of what we do." Dom said. "But this is a different ball game. We're in Russia and we're dealing with a brainwashed assassian. If it comes to a fight, so be it. But we are bringing her home."

There was a big black van in the middle of the road. It wasn't facing us, it was facing ahead. I frowned and looked at Dom in the passenger seat. The driver stuck his hand out, motioning for us to follow. My heart raced.

"The traffic wasn't normal. Someone caused it and led us here." I told the team. "They're taking us to Katherine."

"How do they know we're here?" Alina frowned.

"We're dealing with people that brainwash others for a living. I'm pretty sure they got connections everywhere." I rolled my eyes.

The car sped forward, whipping through streets rapidly. It came to a stop in a field with a soccer goal net on either side of it. There was tress and bushes. And most of all, it was vacant, not a house for miles. I stopped the car.

"Remember, if you have to fight, do it." Letty nudged me. "I'm not losing anymore family."