Y'all Really Thought Batherine Was Dead?

Brian

Time stood still as I watched Katherine crumble to the ground, screaming my name. I dropped my weapon and ran to her. It felt like I was running in slow motion, shouting the word NO. When I did make it to her, she was sweaty and crying. I've seen Katherine take blow after blow to her face and never break a sweat. What was different?

"KALEB, START THE CAR!" I shouted.

He didn't move, seemed stuck.

"Tej!"

"On it."

"Brian!" Katherine screamed again.

"I'm right here baby. I'm not going anywhere." Tears pooled up in my eyes. "We need to get you to a hospital." I slowly picked her up in my arms, she cried out in pain. "It's okay, baby."

We made it to the car and I held her in my lap. I applied pressure to the wound as we sped off to the nearest hospital.

"Are we just going to leave Cheryl?!" Kaleb asked.

"Fuck that bitch!" Katherine growled. "Fuck! I don't feel good."

"Baby, you're going to be okay. Tej, hurry up!"

We sped down the highway.

"I'm sorry." Katherine looked at me. Her eyes were glassy. "Im sorry for everything. I don't deserve you."

"No. No. Baby, you'll make it and we'll go home to our girls and we'll be happy. Just hang on for me, Katherine. Please."

"Ah!" Katherine whimpered.

I kissed her forehead. I regret everything I've ever said to Katherine that made her hurt. I regret not kissing her enough. I regret not holding her. I regret not telling her everyday how beautiful she is. I regret not loving her enough.

We made it to the hospital and we burst through the doors. I screamed out for help, nurses running to us with a stretcher. They put Katherine on it but Katherine made no sound, she didn't move. Panic shot through me.

"She's going through shock." One of the nurses said as they raced to the back with her.

And then she disappeared behind the doors and I felt empty. I turned to Letty and Dom.

"Go get the girls." I told them.

"And you need a change of clothes." Letty said.

I looked down and saw my blood soaked clothes and hands. I walked to the bathroom and washed my hands and face. This can't be the end of the road for Katherine. She's too strong. She has to survive this. I took a moment to let a few tears fall. What I said to her today...I should not have said. She's my wife. She's the mother of my kids. If she does pull through....I have to make this right. She needs to know how much I adore her. If Katherine dies, a part of me will, too.

-

Y'all I had a stressful ass day. But I have a birthday coming up...the 27th. I want to go out and get crunk asf but my best friend, u guys should know by now, is pregnant so she can't drink and her bf doesn't want to do anything without her and I'm single and lonely asf so we might just go see the Incredibles 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

Btw, do any of u know my real name? I don't think I've ever told y'all. 🤪

-Chicken Soup 🍜.