We Got A Hit

Brian

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into two months. Two damn months without her. Every minute of everyday, Tej is on Godseye hoping for her face to show up. And everyday I go home with tears in my eyes. Alina and Kaleb moved in my house temporarily to give me a hand with my babies. They are constantly asking me where their mother is and I don't even know what to say back. The whole thing is getting trippy.

It was around one in the morning and Tej was banging on my house door. I frowned because I haven't been sleeping good without Katherine next to me so any chance I get to sleep, I do. He had a laptop in his hands.

"There's something you should see." Tej told me. "Something the whole team should see."

I just stared at him, confused. He walked in and placed his laptop on my table and took out his phone. He began texting the group chat, telling everyone to come over. Alina and Kaleb woke up and came downstairs.

"What's going on?"

"I found her." He stated.

-

"Well, Tej. We're all here." Dom said. "Show us."

Tej opened up his laptop and placed a chip inside. "Originally, Katherine was off the map because she was most likely in an area with no cameras, no microphones...nothing. But then I saw a new tracking device be installed in Russia. So I checked it out. The chip traveled all the way to Seattle and I got some footage and it's Katherine."

"Let's see it."

Tej presses a button and footage began playing. Some man was sitting at his desk, peacefully, doing paperwork when I'm guessing the door bursts down. He jumped out of his chair and tried to reach for a phone but he was shot in the shoulder. I frowned. Katherine came into the frame and grabbed him by the neck. There was crowd behind her with guns. Katherine slammed him into the desk.

"WHERE IS IT?" She shouted.

Hearing her voice, even angry, made my heart flutter.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He held his shoulder in agony.

Katherine hit him repeatedly in the face. "I'm not going to ask again."

He lifted a hand and pointed to something under the desk. Katherine followed his finger and felt around under the desk. She pulled something and retrieved a dark box. She dusted it off and smiled slowly.

"All right." She sighed. "Good work, team. You know what to do."

She walked out and the team...well, terminated him. I turned around and took a deep breath.

"Like Nobody said..." Tej began. "She's gone."

"She's not gone until she's in a coffin." I told him.

"Pack up." Dom ordered. "We're going to Russia."

-

"You promise they'll be okay?" I asked my father.

"Of course. I am very good with babies. And plus, I have Les here to help out." He smiled.

I looked at Brooke.

"Brian, can I know what you're about to do?"

"I'd rather you not. I might die, we all might die. But I have to try. Because she would risk her life for me, actually she has already. Time and time and time again." I sighed.

"You have three beautiful little girls." He told me. "And their mother loved them. But all of that means nothing if she kills you."

"I'd rather die trying to save her then die without her." I said. "I'll keep you updated, Dad. Thank you."

"Be careful, Brian." My dad hugged me.

I was walking back to my car when Les ran out.

"Be honest, is this the last time I'm going to see you?"

"No." I shook my head.

"I said be honest."

"I don't know. I truly don't." I shrugged. "But I know my wife and I know that she's a strong woman. I can save her. And I'll bring her back home and then we'll live happily ever after."

"Happy ever after is only for fairytales." Leslie crossed her arms.

I laughed. "It sort of is."

I got in my car and winked at Leslie. I waved my father goodbye before I sped off onto the rode and headed to the jet. I'm bringing Katherine home.