Strength

Katherine

Brian slept on his stomach, his face towards the window and his arms buried under his pillow. Me? I was asleep for about thirty minutes before I became uncomfortable and woke up. It was around four thirty in the morning. I slowly got up from the bed and made my way downstairs to the living room. There were framed pictures of Brian and I at various stages in our relationship. There was even a photo of us looking really mad at each other that someone else took. I sat on the couch and looked at the laptop next to the sofa. I grabbed it and opened it. I looked though the files. It seemed like this was my laptop. It had case files and photos and unfinished reports. I saw my wedding ceremony file and clicked it. I was going to watch this until I got my memories back.

And I don't really know how to explain it but even though the screen, I could see that fucking spark in my eyes when I looked at Brian. It was like....looking at your favorite food after eating nothing all day. The excitement, the grateful vibe. And when the camera was on Brian, you could see him returning that energy all the way from down the aisle. I was halfway through the vows when I closed the laptop and stood.

I don't know why but I needed to go. I had to go see someone. Someone I know wouldn't sugarcoat things. And I found the address in my phone upstairs. I grabbed a random pair of car keys and ran to the garage and found that I was going to be driving a black Lexus. I had no shoes on, no bra and my hair was a mess. I didn't care. I followed the directions on the GPS and made it there in under ten minutes. I got out the car and knocked on the door, hard.

"It is five in the morning!" Kaleb opened the door in a robe with messy hair and bags under his eyes.

"You're my twin. You know me better than I know myself." I told him.

"True." He crossed his arms.

"So help me. Please. Brian is too sweet. He's trying to make things as they used to be. When I saw the triplets wall, I felt something. I remembered something very briefly."

"What?" He asked.

I paused and thought very hard. A name was popping up in my head.

"Kalebina. You said you wanted to name one Kalebina." I was getting a little headache.

"Which one?" He raised an eyebrow.

"The deaf one." I nodded.

"Ruby. Her name is Ruby."

"Ruby! Right!" I pointed to my head.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because I didn't want to." I snapped.

"We cant help you unless you talk to us. You need to stop fighting it. Your daughters need a stable mother, your husband and your team need someone stable."

"And you?"

"I don't care how screwed you are. Your still my sister. I'd rather have you all fucked up in the head then not have you at all." He gave me a small smile.

Suddenly, it popped into my head. Felt like the world was coming together again and I felt like my head was hurting. I looked at Kaleb.

"You're my person. And I'm going to get angry and scream and maybe even threaten you but I don't want you to push me away like everyone else because I really don't mean it. You don't view me as a monster, you view me as a person and I'm scared I'm going to lose you one day. It terrifies me. I love you more than I love myself, Brian. You make life seem easy. You care about people, you care about me and I know that this is right. We belong together."

He frowned in confusion.

"My wedding vows." I gasped. "My fucking wedding vows."

Kaleb gave me a little smile. "I've read somewhere that brainwash in some cases aren't permanent. If you try, truly try you can regain your memories. If you're strong enough."

"Do you think I'm strong enough?" I asked him.

"I know you are, love."

-

Omg so I am sorry that I have not updated in almost a month, I'm dealing with some issues rn in my personal life and I sort of figured Wattpad wasn't really a priority. And then I logged on and I have like no lie 88+ notifications and like 5 messages asking when I'm updating and so I started writing again and I honestly felt so much better escaping reality for a bit. So thank u to all who still love this book ❤️❤️❤️

-Chicken Soup 🍜