Do I Really Fear My Wife?

Brian

"Why are we wearing suits?" Rome asked me as we wait by my car, in the private airport.

"Because Nobody said to." I shrugged. "I think I look good."

"Here we go." Rome rolled his eyes.

"What?" I frowned.

"We get it. Your the pretty boy of the group. Shut up." Rome sighed.

"I cant argue with that." I laughed.

We saw the plane from a far, getting close to the ground.

"That's her?" Rome asked.

"No, it's Queen Elizabeth." I joked. "You know, Katherine's Dad was her friend."

"Seriously?" Rome seemed impressed.

"Yeah. In Britain, the Howard's were royalty. Until they came here, obviously." I told him.

"Damn. In America, the Howard's are feared." Rome thought for a moment. "How is that possible?"

"Katherine told me when they first came here, as teenagers, someone at the airport pissed her off and she shot him then and there without blinking an eye. From there, words were passed on about the Howard's and then next thing you know, they are at the top of the food chain."

"Well, it seems like Katherine is the worst." Rome said. "No offense."

"Dude, her mother, when she was younger, had this boyfriend and he broke her heart, first heartbreak, and her mother terminated his whole family except for the little sister." I shake my head.

"The Dad?"

"He apparently killed an upcoming dictator."

"And then there's Kaleb, an alcoholic." Rome laughed.

"Kaleb may play weak but he can do some serious damage if you fuck with him. I heard he used to break people's bones if they disrespected Katherine."

"The Howard's are crazy." Rome whispered.

"Not that bad once you get on their good side."

"You're scared of Katherine, aren't you?" Rome looked at me.

"No. That's the second time I'm hearing this." I hissed.

"When she asks for something, do you say no? When she yells at you, do you take it? When you're in an argument, do you bite your tongue?" Rome continued.

"I argue back." I informed him.

"But do you really go at it with her like you would me? Tej?"

"No. Because she's the love of my life and I wouldn't hurt her."

"So you're scared and whipped." Rome concluded.

"I'm. Not. Scared. Of. Katherine." I growled.

"You're in denial."

"Shut up!"

"You shut up."

"You shut up."

"You shut up."

Katherine called me.

"Hey, hon." I answered.

"Where the fuck are you?" She snapped. "I'm starving."

"Flight was delayed." I replied.

"I don't fucking care!"

"Katherine can you not, dude?" I sighed.

"I AM PREGNANT WITH TRIPLETS!" She began.

I thought about what Rome said. Katherine thinks she's top wolf. She's not. I hang up the phone while she was in mid sentence. There. I might die before the end of the night but she needs to understand that the world doesn't revolve around her. She called back but I didn't answer. Then the rage texting came. I ignored her all together. I kind of felt bad.

Soon, the plan landed and out came Alina with her suitcases. She was tall and slim but she seemed sort of...I don't know...intelligent. Like Tej Parker smart. That geeky smart. But I saw a gun in her waist which means she's also savage.

"Brian? Rome?" She asked when she was near us.

"Yes." I nodded.

She nodded and seemed to relax. "Alina Popov."

We didn't reply.

"Well?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah." Rome coughed, taking her luggage.

I opened the back door for her.

"Don't." She held up a hand. "I'm only under your care for a few months. Don't treat me as a weak pathetic coward."

Her accent was thick.

"Got it." I let go of the door handle and walked to the front. Rome finished putting the stuff in the trunk and walked over to the passenger seat. And then we were off to my house.