Friendship

Brian

"We should totally throw a baby shower." Letty told us as we sat around Dom's table, drinking beers.

"Nah. It's too expensive. You would have to buy three of everything." I shake my head.

"Dude, we work for Nobody Inc." Letty argued. "We have loads of cash that we aren't spending. I don't want you and Katherine to be doing this alone."

"Fine." I sighed. "What kind of baby shower? She can't get out of bed for more than fifteen minutes at a time."

"So we'll do a pajama baby shower. We all head up to the room with the gifts and everything and we'll just camp out in the bedroom."

"Booze?" Kaleb asked.

"Only for you." Dom jumped in. "The rest of us don't want to do it in front of Katherine because she can't do it."

"When are we doing this?"

"After we know what the genders are." Letty decided.

"Didn't Katherine kick your ass?" Kaleb asked. Letty looked at him. "Why throw her a party?"

"Because she's family." Letty shrugged.

Kaleb nodded, seeming satisfied with the answer.

"Dom and I are going to get the swings." Letty nodded.

"I got the stroller." Rome quickly said.

"Damn." Tej sighed. "I guess I got the bottles."

"Make sure newborn size." I reminded him.

"I got this." Tej replied.

"That leaves me to shopping for either little dresses or little suits." Kaleb sat back in his chair.

"Apparently Katherine bought the cribs. Told me this morning." I thought for a moment. "Three babies."

"He's officially come down from the high of realization he'll be a father." Kaleb laughed.

Everyone but me laughed.

"Dude, it's just like raising one baby but with two more. Play it cool for Katherine. Don't let her see you freaking out. Remember she's a bipolar hit man about to drop a litter. Be her rock."

"I am." I sighed. "I just don't know how I'm going to do this."

"You have us to help you through it all." Tej informed me.

"Thanks." I thought for a moment. "Baby names, throw suggestions."

"For boys...Joshua, Jonah and Jacob." Kaleb said first.

"Hell no." Rome frowned. "Rome, Roman, Pierce."

"Definitely not." I grinned.

"For girls...do names that will fit them. Like not some crazy ass old lady name like Martha. Something that would fit them as a kid and adult."

"Like what?"

"I don't know." She shook her head. "Just make it something cute and not dumb."

I nodded slowly. Suddenly, my cell phone rang. It was Katherine. She wanted to FaceTime. I answered.

"Hey, baby." I smiled at her.

"Dude, I'm starving." She groaned.

"What do you want? More Chipotle?" I asked, standing.

"Yes. But I want a burrito this time. My regular order, please." She yawned. "I'm going to take a nap. Wake me when you get here, will you?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you more." She blew me a kiss.

The call ended and I looked at the team. "Duty calls. You guys coming to the sonogram Friday?"

"Yes. But let's do a gender reveal. Have the doctor put the gender in an envelope and give it to us and then we'll bring over a cake for the baby shower and reveal it then." Letty was way too excited.

"Got it. Though, Katherine is impatient."

"Well, she's just going to have to wait." Kaleb concluded.

"All right. Thank you." I told all of them.

"You better hurry it up before Katherine goes all bat shit crazy." Rome told me.

I hit his arm as I walked past them and out the door.