Gone Without A Goodbye

Brian

The team enters the house. It's quiet. We all throw our keys into the key bowl. Katherine must be asleep.

"I'm going to check on Kat." I told them.

"Still chasing something you will never have?" Rome joked.

"You don't know what you are talking about." I gave him the finger.

I run upstairs and knock on her door. No answer. I crack the door open. She's not there. I flipped on the light. In fact, nothing is here. Her room is completely stripped except the blankets on her bed. I walked to her closet. Everything is gone. I called the team. Kaleb is the first to come up, holding a gun.

"Dude, what-" I frowned.

"You sounded frantic." He looked at the room as the team piled in. "What the hell?"

"Put the gun away." Letty said. "What's going on?"

I called her cell phone. Straight to voicemail.

"Kat, where are you?" I hung up after leaving the message.

"Brian." Kaleb is holding a sticky note.

I took it from him.

I have to handle this one alone. Let me go.

Katherine.

What the hell is she talking about? Handle what? I try her number again. Kaleb is on the phone with Nobody.

"We need an APB out on Katherine. Stat." He said slowly.

-

"What do you mean God's eye can't find her?" Kaleb is furious.

"She's completely dropped off of the map." Tej explained.

"That's impossible!" Kaleb yelled.

"It's not, son." Nobody was calm. "Katherine knows the system. Very well. She doesn't want to be found."

"I don't care what she wants!"

"You should." Nobody told him.

"What is she thinking? Going into battle alone?" Kaleb began pacing.

"She's done it before. And every time she's succeeded." Nobody replied.

"Nobody, you are not bloody helping." Kaleb holds up a hand.

Nobody rolled his eyes.

"Was it you that called her in?" I asked Nobody.

"Of course not." Nobody shook his head. "This was from someone else and it must've been important."

"And she went without even telling us?" Tej turned from the screen. "Katherine may hate us but she's been honest with us this whole time. Good or bad. This must've been beyond us."

"We work as a team." I sighed. "She could've come to us."

"I say give her time. She'll be back." Nobody waved his hand.

"What if she gets killed?" I asked.

"Do you know how many people tried to kill Katherine. More than I can count. She's like a cat. She has nine lives."

"What if this is her last life?" Kaleb hissed.

He picked up a chair and chucked it across the room, breaking a few computers.

"When she comes back-" Nobody began, annoyed. "You will not be angry with her! I know for a fact she will be back and you will let her be."

"You expect me to act as if everything is okay?"

"If you don't, I'll just take her off of the team." Nobody threatened. "Patience Kaleb. She will return."

Nobody walked out.

"Fuck that." Kaleb growled. "Find my sister."