Lucas Preston

Katherine

I was sitting at my desk, doing paperwork when there was a knock on my door. I didn't acknowledge it at first but then it got louder. I sighed and invited whoever was annoying me in. It was a male, brown hair, big brown eyes and he had a suit on. He looked like he was carved out of a magazine.

"What?" I frowned.

"I'm Lucas Preston. I'm apart of the Tech team...I was wrongfully placed."

"How is that possible?" I asked, sitting back in my seat.

"You don't remember me?" He asked.

"Am I supposed to?"

"I was recruited when you and Kaleb were." Lucas stated. "Nobody felt that the team only needed you and Kaleb. So he placed me in the Tech team."

"And you're asking me to place you on the team?" I crossed my arms.

"I'm not asking." He replied.

I jerked my head back.

"I have potential to do great and I've been ignored for all these years. I deserve to shine."

I bit my lip. "When I enter the training room with the newbies, you better be there. I will be leading it today. You better last one minute or you're going back to the Tech team and that will be the end of it."

"I can last." He smiled wide and turned to walk out.

"Your confidence." I began. "Very impressive."

He left and I sat back in my seat. Kaleb and Alina walked in.

"If you don't kick Letty's ass, I will. Girl has a lot of mouth." Alina sat on my desk.

"I will break her face." I sighed.

"What are you going to do about your marriage?"

"Brian is not listening to me!" I snapped. "I wasn't looking to hurt him at all. But no one sees that."

"We see that." Kaleb told me. "Everyone has been concerned about how Brian feels...how do you feel?"

"It was my fault, Kaleb. I overworked myself and I lost a child. I feel fucking guilty."

"Honey, you didn't even know you were pregnant."

"I should've been careful. We don't use any kind of protection..." I sighed. "I should've known."

"Don't beat yourself up. Millions of women have miscarriages. You don't have to be responsible for everything. Brian just needs to put his hurt somewhere. It was kind of fucked up you didn't tell him, but you had a solid reason. You thought you were doing the right thing. Brian isn't a saint in all this. Instead of trying, he's being a dick. Stop beating yourself up, baby."

I cracked my knuckles. "Times like this I need a drink."

"Agreed." Kaleb got depressed for a second.

"Don't start this again." Alina snapped at him.

"Baby, I'm a born alcoholic who's been drinking since I was twelve."

"And now you're a grown man who has a good girl that he probably wants to keep." Alina rolled her eyes.

I broke a smile. "I need to get ready to train."

I stood and walked down to the room den to change into my workout clothes.

-

I had to get up at 5 this morning because I was opening Chipotle and a few of my workers called out so I have to work their shift and their shift is from 5-11 and when you work to 11 u have to stay and close and closing means cleaning the store from top to bottom and u usually leave at like 1 or 2 in the morning depending on how fast u clean and how good u do it. So fml. But I have an hour break so I might upload a few more chapters really quickly.

-Chicken Soup 🍜