ARP

Katherine

I walked into the conference room with the team behind me. I looked at the four new recruits. There was a stocky guy with blonde hair, a dark haired girl that looked very shy, another girl with brown hair with a cold look in her eyes and a slim boy with dark hair. I sighed. Every five years Nobody Inc. has the annual recruiting period. The ARP. We find four recruits from all over the world and they get transferred to Nobody Inc. Obviously it was Nobody's job to do this but now it's mine.

"You four were selected to train to become members of Nobody Inc. I'm-"

"We know who you are." The blonde boy cut me off. I looked at him. "Katherine Howard. Deadliest woman alive."

"First of all, dont ever cut me off while I'm talking." I said slowly.

He raised his eyebrows.

"You will undergo extreme training. Tej Parker will train you with tech. Dom and Letty will train you on cars. Brian, Kaleb and I will do combat training with you. Rome will be your go to man." I continued.

My eyes fell on the shy girl. She was staring at me hard. Kaleb handed them each a packet in which they need to study. She reminded me of...me when I first came to Nobody Inc. Only difference was, I wasn't cowering back in my seat. I was sitting up straight, ready to fight.

"You have two weeks of combat training, one week of vehicle training and one week for tech. At the end of your training, you will be placed where you succeed the most. If you fail everything, I'll kill you."

"What?" Rome frowned.

"No she won't." Brian gave me a look. "You have to take the course again and if you fail again you get sent back to wherever you came from."

"How was the training for you guys?" The girl with brown hair asked. She was German.

"We didn't really do training." Brian answered. "We were assigned to a task and sort of never left."

"And you, Katherine?" She looked at me. "Legend has it you and your brother betrayed the British Base and fled here. Was the training difficult for someone that spent their whole life training?"

I looked at her and smiled slowly. "It was difficult but not as difficult as it's going to be for you. See, Nobody was a softy. I'm a cold hearted bitch that will make you want to-"

"Katherine." Dom placed a hand on my shoulder.

I stopped and took a deep breath. "Get out. Rome, show them the bunkers."

They all stood and left with Rome. I grabbed the shy girl's arm, stopping her from leaving.

"You've been looking at me as if you have something to say. So say it now." I told her.

She looked at me for a moment and suddenly hugged me. I looked at the team who were as confused as I was. She let me go and looked at me.

"You killed my father." She had a British accent. "My name is Maggie Michaels."

I paused. "Chase."

She nodded slowly. "You're my hero."

With that she left with the others.

"I'm her hero?" I looked at the team.

"Apparently." Brian kissed my forehead.

-

The baby was born a few days ago. Cynthia had to do an emergency C-section because the baby's heart rate was dropping and it was so scary. The baby was born a month early but she's five pounds and two ounces. She's okay. Cynthia is okay. Everyone is okay. Thank you guys for understanding and being supportive. I love you little Soups. Cynthia is going to name the baby Robyn Leanel (lee•ah•nel) Andrews. Robyn because it's a cute name, Leanel because it's my name. 💕😍

Btw there's a really gorgeous nurse here 😩

-Chicken Soup 🍜