Little Blonde

Katherine

"This new house is huge." Kaleb came from upstairs with an empty box in his hands. It must've been some of the girls stuff. "Who are you? The Killer Kardashians?"

"That is an insult." I laughed, hanging up Brian and I's wedding portrait. I was so happy that day.

"How's your lungs doing, by the way?" Kaleb asked me.

I paused and looked around to make sure we were alone. "I've had some moments where I get out of breath. But I'm fine."

"Brian doesn't know?"

"Not a big deal." I pushed my hair over my shoulder. "I'm okay. I'm just always running around. At home, at work..."

"Need to relax, sister." Kaleb patted my shoulder.

Brian came in with Brooke. She was supposed to be napping.

"Did you wake her?" I asked him.

"Why would I do that? She's the crankiest out of them all. She needs her nap the most." Brian bounced her.

I turned back to the picture and smiled slowly.

"Katherine is still having breathing problems." Kaleb blurted out.

"What?" Brian frowned.

"Kaleb!" I hit him.

"Are you?" Brian asked me.

Kaleb raised his eyebrows.

"I get moments where I'm out of breath. I'm fine. Kaleb is over exaggerating." I rolled my eyes.

"Do we need to schedule a doctors appointment?"

"No! I'm fine."

Brooke began to fuss.

"I'll go make her a bottle." I sighed.

Alina was in the kitchen, putting away groceries. I began making the bottle.

"Something wrong?" She asked. Her English was improving so well.

"Your boyfriend is a bitch." I replied.

She laughed.

"How are things now that he's home?" I asked her.

"Good. Really good. I missed him." She replied.

She put like five apple juice bottles in the fridge.

"How much Apple juice did you buy?" I widened my eyes.

"Brookie and Quinny love Apple juice. I also got grape for Rubs." Alina answered.

"Responsible parent."

"I miss them." She confessed.

"You babysit them all day."

"And then you take them." She shot back. "Not the same."

Brian came in with my baby. "She's getting really aggravated. For no apparent reason."

"She is her mother's daughter." Alina laughed.

"You're a bitch." I told Alina.

"I love you, too, Katherine." Alina smiled.

"Did you buy snacks?" I asked Alina.

She pointed to the overhead cabinet. I opened it. Oreos, chips, Cheez It, Nutella...Alina really knows me. She understands me. I don't like it when Brian grocery shops. He barely gets snacks.

"You were sent by God." I kissed Alina's cheek.

"I was sent by Russians."

I laughed and handed Brian the bottle. He gave it to Brooke. She immediately began drinking it.

"I'm going over to Dom's and Letty's for a bit." Brian informed me.

I took Brooke. She began to cry.

"I'll be back." Brian cooed to her. He kissed her forehead.

I looked at her hair. There was more than a few strands that looked...not black. I frowned.

"Brian, look at our baby's head." I said. He came over to look from my point of view.

"Blonde. She has blonde in her hair." Brian smiled.

"Exactly. The girls are supposed to be identical."

"There are cases where baby's hair change color. Just as their eyes." Kaleb walked in. "Our cousin, Rubin, he had light blonde hair when he was born and then his hair slowly began turning to black."

I kissed Brooke. "My little blonde."

"I mean, it's fair in a way. Ruby and Quinn look like you. I'll have at least one sign that they're mine." Brian laughed.

"They have blue eyes." I frowned. "And not yours?"

"Time to call Maury." Kaleb laughed.

I laughed, too.