Clustered Morning

Brian

I felt warmth on my lips as I slept peacefully. In my dream, I was running through a maze and the sun was bearing down on my back but my lips felt the hottest. In my dream state, I became confused. And I felt something tickling my arms and cheeks and neck. The fuck? My dream slowly began to get blotchy and I felt like I couldn't reach my destination. I woke up.

"Brian?" Kat whispered against my skin.

I was confused, looking around in the dark. The bathroom light was on just in case one of our girls needed to get in the bed with us. My eyes came to focus and Katherine was leaning over me. She had a hoodie on and her eyes were deep with pain.

"You okay?" I got scared. "Your memory is okay?"

She nodded slowly. "I'm good."

I paused, not sure what she was doing. She leaned down closer and kissed me intensely.

"What time is it?"

"Two in the morning." She kissed me again.

"Okay, did you have a bad dream or something?" I was just really fucking confused.

"No." She shook her head.

"So....what's going on?"

She sighed and stood straight. She pushed her messy hair back.

"Can I love you?" She asked. Her fingers wrapped around my wrist.

"You know you can." I whispered.

"So let me love you. And shut up." She got on me. "Just shut the fuck up and let me."

She pressed her lips to mine and I pressed back. And I guess you can say that I let her love me that night. All night. Until she simply passed out next to me.

I walked downstairs, all fresh and ready for the day. My girls were just waking up but I know sometimes they'll knock out again if they're tired. So I'll wait ten minutes. I walked downstairs and began making me some coffee and figured Katherine would want some. I sat down and looked out the window.

And then an outrageous thought came to me. Katherine was dressed when she woke me up last night. Sweats, hoodie, messy hair, sadness in her eyes, shaky hands. The full deal. She smelled like liquor. Why would Katherine wake me up so late to have our moments of passion?

She cheated on me.

I gasped in shock, confused. How...why? What could I have done that would-

My phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out. It was Alina. She was crying on the other end.

"Alina? Are you okay?" I asked, scared. Everything was moving too fast for me to grasp.

"Nobody...." She sobbed. I heard Kaleb crying in the background. "He died."

The first thing I felt was a sharp pain in my chest. Like, right where the heart was. In that exact spot. It took my breath away. Mr. Nobody? The man that ran a whole organization by himself for years! Mr. Nobody? It wasn't possible for a man like him to simply die. Katherine came downstairs, groggy. She had Quinn on her hip. I hung up quickly.

"Morning." She yawned. She handed Quinn to me. "What are you in the mood for, baby? Pancakes? Waffles? French Toast?"

Quinn giggled. I kissed her head and sat her on the counter in front of me. I watched as Kat pulled out the items for pancakes.

"Kat...I need to tell you something." I began softly.

"Hmm?" She paused and looked at me.

"I...I'm sorry..." I was struggling, the pain in my chest grew. "Nobody is dead."

Katherine pushed her hair back and sighed. "I know." She went back to making the pancakes.

My brain got foggy. What the hell is happening?

"You know?" I asked her, voice cracking.

"That's where I went last night." She smiled softly at Quinn. "Honey, you want pancakes? I'll throw some blueberries in there for you."

"Kat-" I began.

"I don't want to talk about it, Brian!" She tried not to get too angry in front of Quinn. "Just drop it."

What the fuck? I handed Quinn to her and grabbed my car keys. Team meeting. An urgent team meeting.

-

SO THAT LAST CHAPTER WAS AN APRIL FOOLS PRANK! UNLESS YOU GUYS TELL ME THAT IM FLOPPING, I WILL CONTINUE TO FUCKING PUBLISH CHAPTERS !

Btw, I need to show u guys the memes that are being sent to me. Some of them have me in tears 😂😂

-Chicken Soup 🍜