Back At Stage 1

Katherine

I sat in my office chair, looking at my sonogram photos. My little baby. I smiled at the pictures. Kaleb came in and closed the door. He was wobbly.

"Hey, bitch."

"Are you drunk?" I was appalled.

"Drunker than I've ever been." He laughed. "I FEEL ALIVE!"

"Kaleb...how much have you had to drink?"

"Yes." He sat down.

"You bloody idiot!" I snapped. "Why?"

"Because I wanted to." He laughed again. "Jesus, I'm starving."

"Months without liquor."

"Any fruit snacks?"

"Months and then I forced you and then you were back on track."

"I was back on track because of my dad's death, fucker. Now, I am free in a world of squiggly lines and vomit."

The door opened and the team walked in.

"Let's see that baby." Dom and Letty rushed over to me.

They all swarmed around me except for Alina who was paused at the door and eyeing Kaleb with a hand on her hip. I've seen Alina mad, sad, happy...but I've never seen that look before. She looked like the devil himself. I tapped Brian's shoulder and nodded at her. I couldn't do much.

"Hi there, sweetheart." Kaleb finally noticed her.

"You motherfucker!" Alina snapped.

She grabbed him and began throwing punches left and right at his face. Regardless of his bullshit and she is my best friend, it took every ounce of self control in me to stay in my seat and it was only because I was pregnant. I would've killed her for coming at Kaleb like that.

Brian and the team ran to them but Alina wasn't having it. She punched my brother as if she was punching a fucking enemy. Brian had her by the waist and Dom held her wrist.

"That isn't going to help him." Brian told her.

"Im going to kill this motherfucker. EVERYTHING IVE PUT ON HOLD FOR YOU! MY DREAMS! You bitch!"

Kaleb stood up and spat his bloody saliva on my floor. "You're a fucking babysitter from Russia assigned to kiss Katherine's ass. What dreams could you possibly have that I stopped?"

"I wanted a family! A fucking life! BUT YOU'RE SO MISERABLE THAT I PUSHED MY DREAMS ASIDE!"

"Oh please. You want to get married? Have fucking children? Look around you, stupid! Marriage is toxic, having kids means that you have no life! I stopped you from having a life?! Well fuck you! Fucking leave my life then!"

My head was starting to hurt.

"How dare you?" Alina pulled on the restraints from Brian and Dom. "It's called commitment!"

"Its called stupidity." Kaleb laughed and sat down. "Fuck this commitment. I'll tell you what? I'll dedicate my next bottle to this failed relationship."

Alina began screaming quite loudly and they dragged her out of my office. Kaleb looked at me.

"Don't want to hear it, Katherine. Fuck Alina." He threw his hands up. "FUCK HER!"