Should I Stay or Should I Go

Brian

"So, you have a crush on her?" Dom asked me quietly.

I frowned. "Okay, yes. I do."

"Why?" Letty chuckled. "She's a bitch."

"I've seen glimpses of her good side." I argued. "She's actually very sweet and funny. She just has this protective defense wall up which is protecting her."

I look out at the ocean. Kaleb and Katherine were in the water, talking intensely. Katherine's hair was wet and her body was glistening with water drops. I looked away quickly.

"If we were to get kidnapped, she wouldn't help save us." Letty said.

I rolled my eyes.

"But hey, if you like a grade A bitch, go for it."

"Brian, you deserve someone that's going to love you back." Dom told me.

I'll get through to Katherine one way or another. I watch her wring her her out and walk out of the water. Kaleb calls her and she turns back. He yells at her and she shoots him the bird. She grabbed her towel and headed our way.

"Keep your eyes in your sockets, Blondie." She sneered, full blown attitude.

I sighed. Letty was giving me an "I told you so" look. I walk away from them, in the house. Tej and Roman are in the living room, discussing speed. I go upstairs to my room and lounge on my bed.

Why does Katherine have to be so mean? Jesus. I have this attraction to her despite the fact that she is a complete bully. I'm torn between leaving her alone or still trying to get on her good side. If it were you, what would you do?

There's a knock on my door a few hours later. I get up from my bed. I open it. It's Katherine. She's showered and dressed in a sweat suit. I am surprised to see her.

"Want a drink?" She held up two beers.

I open the door even wider. She entered, handing me the beer. She walks out to the balcony and sits in one of the chairs. She opens hers. I sit next to her.

"You were angry earlier." I commented.

"When am I not?" She sighed.

"True. But what was the specific reason this time?" I opened my beer and took a drink.

"Kaleb wants me to go away." Katherine explained. "Go take some time off from the job."

What?

"Do you want to?" I frowned.

Please say no.

"There's something that's just telling me to stay. Can't figure out what though." She sat back. "I don't know. I'm guessing it's because I love my job too much."

"I can tell." I nodded.

"If I leave...I'd have to come back and start over. New team...new everything."

"No. We'd still be waiting for you. You may verbally abuse everyone but we can use a bad ass like you on the team." I reassured her.

She laughed. "I guess your right."

"So, what is it?" I asked, slowly. "Going or staying?"

Katherine looked at me. She didn't have that wall up.

"Convince me to stay." She whispered.

Okay. This is going good. Please don't say anything to screw this up.

"Stay." I replied. "Stay."

Her cell rang. We broke from each other gaze and she walked away to answer it.

I think Katherine is starting to trust me.

-

Fun fact about me: I work at Chipotle.

Fun fact about you?

-Chicken Soup