Chapter 25: Seventeenth meet - it hurts like hell

Seventeenth meet - It hurts like hell Alexander

Magnus

Magnus had been floating on a pink cloud all day. This morning he had woken up in Alec's arms. Alec had been awake already. He had kissed him, made coffee for him and breakfast. Then he had to leave. To do his usual training and other important Shadowhunter stuff. Magnus felt he lived a dream. A little drunk on love, maybe. He had missed an appointment with a client today and he mixed a wrong potion for another client. He wanted hair growth and Magnus had given him that, but he realized only after the guy had left that he mixed up unicorn hair and fairy hair in the mixture, which would probably lead to some weird outcomes. Oh well, Magnus couldn't be bothered with it. The guy could come back if he wasn't satisfied with Magnus's work. Magnus would give him a new potion, free of charge. Or maybe not free of charge. Who cares.

All Magnus could care about and think about was Alec. Alec showing up at his door yesterday when he had wanted him to come all day. How he had longed for it. And how it seemed like magic that Alec had actually shown up. And the amazing night that followed. He remembered Alec's touch, Alec's lips on his. Every memory sending a new shiver down his spine. He felt it in the very core of his being. And he admitted to himself that this was love. Unexpected, beautiful and invigorating love. A love that made him soar. He was actually contemplating conjuring up a real pink cloud so he could take up his residence there, somewhere halfway between the floor and the ceiling would be a good place.

Halfway through the day his phone buzzed. As Magnus flipped it open his heart lifted. A message from Alec. Even small things as messages from Alec had this impact on him. He shook his head at himself. Four hundred years old, and he could still act like a small child. Well, it was one of the things he loved about himself. He read the message, his heart beating in his chest.

I had the best birthday ever. Thanks so much. Alec

Magnus smiled a smile that felt too big for his face as he typed a message back.

You're welcome, Alexander. Your birthday was grand. Come by soon.

Alec replied almost instantly, and still Magnus felt he had to wait too long for it.

I could come tonight. If that's okay with you?

If that's okay with you? Magnus felt his heart contract that Alec still felt the need to ask. He wanted to reassure him. To tell him that it was always okay with him. That he didn't want anything else but for Alec to come. That, if it were up to him, Alec would pack his bags and move in with him today. He knew he couldn't tell Alec that, but he wanted to tell him something. He suddenly felt insecure. Could he tell Alec what he felt? Their relationship was only a few weeks old. Just last week Magnus had to snap Alec unconscious to prevent him from coming out to his parents. Alec had become a little bolder. Kissing in the alley next to Taki's. Staying over at Magnus's house. But did that mean Alec was ready for declarations of love? He was not sure.

Alec was still hung up on Jace. Or at least, Magnus thought Alec was hung up on Jace. Alec was deluding himself, Magnus knew. He would never have a chance of living his life like he should if he didn't come clean about who he was. To himself and to others. It was the only way to break free from that impossible crush. Magnus sighed deep but texted Alec back that he was always welcome. Deluded or not. Of course that last part he didn't add in the message.

Alec finally came around ten in the evening. Magnus's pink cloud had been turned a little gray for worrying in the mean time. But when he heard the keys in the door his heart jumped nonetheless. And then Alec was there, looking beautiful. Wearing his ugly clothes and his gorgeous smile, his face lighting up at the sight of Magnus. Magnus stood up and walked towards him, trying not to go too fast. But Alec closed the gap between them with two long strides and then his arms were there and he pulled Magnus against him and kissed him. In an instant Magnus felt himself float. His body going pliant in Alec's arms. Oh, I love you.