Chapter 77: Life Is Good

Magnus

Magnus woke up in Alec's arms the next morning, feeling content and happy. Today they would go back to New York, and he was longing for it. For the comfortable normalcy of it. No more wars and craziness, just living in his loft in Brooklyn with the love of his life.

He moved in Alec's arms, lifting his head to see the Shadowhunter's face. He had his eyes closed, but he tightened an arm around Magnus, so Magnus knew he was awake. He moved forward and pressed his lips against Alec's. Alec kissed him back, lazy and slow in the morning light. His eyes still closed, his hand coming up and curling in Magnus's hair. Softly caressing his hair back from his face.

"Hmmm," he hummed against Magnus's mouth, "I can't remember the last time I woke up like this. With you. Knowing there won't be any war to fight today."

Magnus buoyed himself up on his elbow and stared down at him. Alec was still brushing his hair back, gentle fingers against Magnus's cheek. Magnus leaned into his hand, enjoying the warmth and the view. Alec looked very young and beautiful, well rested for once, his eyes a beautiful cobalt blue, his hair raven, splayed out over the pillow. "How did I get to have this hot boyfriend?" Magnus wondered aloud.

Alec grinned, and bit his lip, his tongue licking over his bottom lip. The movement made Magnus's heart skip a beat. "But you are so beautiful," he said and bend down to kiss him.

Alec drew him close and kissed him back. "Right back at ye," he said when they broke away from each other. "You're gorgeous."

"I am," Magnus affirmed, smiling mischievously.

At that point there was a loud bang on Alec's door. "Alec, what the heck, why is your door locked?" Jace shouted from the other side of it. "We're having breakfast in ten."

"No way," Alec shouted back, "I have to shower first."

"Better hurry then," Jace said.

Alec looked at Magnus apologetically. "You want to take a shower? Apparently we only have ten minutes."

Magnus raised his eyebrows at him, "We'll go together."

Magnus checked himself then, not knowing if Alec would be okay with such an offer under his parents' roof. But Alec sat up and nodded, "Good idea."

He jumped out of bed, put on a boxer short and drew an opening rune on the door. "Come on," he said, nodding toward the hall. He disappeared through the door, and Magnus quickly conjured up some pajama bottoms, put them on and followed his boyfriend to the bathroom.

Inside he saw Alec had already discarded the shorts and moved into the shower stall. Magnus locked the door behind him, dropped his pants and joined Alec in the shower. Alec was standing with his back to him and Magnus marveled at the muscled skin and the rivulets of water trailing down over his back and buttocks and his long muscular legs. He stepped forward and put his arms around Alec's waist, pressing him close, he rested his chin on Alec's shoulder and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth of the hot water and Alec's body against his.

Alec turned around in his arms and brought up a hand, caressing his face. He leaned in and kissed him softly on the mouth as water ran over them both. "Screw Jace with his ten minutes," Alec whispered as he traveled his hands down Magnus's back and placed them firmly on his butt. Magnus gasped against Alec's mouth as he felt his erection pressed against his thigh.

"I'd rather you'd screw me," Magnus said as Alec's mouth left his and he started peppering kisses on his nose, his cheek, his jaw. He chuckled against Magnus's skin. Magnus closed his eyes and threw his head back as Alec's mouth traveled down his throat, his collarbone and further down his chest and stomach. Alec went down on his knees on the wet floor of the shower, his mouth traveling over Magnus's skin. From his abdomen to his hips and his thighs. He felt Alec's breath against his inner thigh and his fingers brushing him.