Chapter 71: I Don't Want the World, I Want You

I don't want the world, I want you

A/n: Can you believe it, we are here: I don't want the world, I want you! Our OTP!

Sleepless, this madness is walking me out to the ledge
And stands there beside me, shivering out on the edge
And oh God all I, all I ask is a little relief, just a moment of peace

I don't want to live without you
I'm not ready to live without you
So let's dance a little, laugh a little, and hope a little more
'Cause I don't want to live without you, without you

I heard a voice from the other side singing,
"Hold fast, love last"
As winter turns into summertime singing,
"Hold fast, love last"
I heard a voice from the other side singing,
"Hold fast, love last"
As winter turns into summertime singing,
"Hold fast"

So let's dance a little, laugh a little, and hope a little more
Yes, let's dance a little, laugh a little, and hope a little more
'Cause I don't want to live without you
No, I don't wanna live without you, without you

- For King and Country, Without you

Alec

Alec was hauling Magnus through the corridor when Magnus told him the walls were closing in on them. At first Alec thought he was hallucinating but then he noticed Magnus was actually telling him the truth. It was as if the walls, the floor, even the ceiling were pushing them into a direction. Only one direction, the Grand Hall in the centre of the keep.

When they entered that hall Alec saw Isabelle on her knees sitting next to an unconscious Jace. Simon stood in the middle of the room and Sebastian was there. At the other end of the hall on the dais were two thrones and Clary sat on one of them. He stared at her in pure horror. Magnus, next to him, stared too, his mouth slightly open in horrified shock.

Behind them Luke and Jocelyn stumbled into the room. Sebastian clapped his hands in delight. "Now everyone's here, it's a party!"

Sebastian closed the borders between Edom and Earth. He had given Clary the choice, either chose him and save the earth from the army he had unleashed, or stand against him and watch the world turn into blood.

It was Magnus's dream, Alec thought. The streets of Alicante filled with blood. It was hardly a choice at all for Clary. She'd chosen to stand at Sebastian's side and he closed the borders. It meant they were all doomed to stay in Edom for the rest of their lives, under Sebastian's rule.

Jocelyn was the one who tried to stop Clary, to persuade her to chose against him, but Clary shook her head. "You never held the life of a whole world in your hand, mom," she said and Alec heard the infinite sorrow in her voice, "There's only so much advice you can give me. I choose what he chooses. The gift he gave me. I accept it."

Sebastian snapped his fingers, looking at the stunned group of people in front of him. "You heard her," he said, "All of you. Kneel to your queen."

The army of Endarkened warriors went to kneel down but everyone else stood frozen. But then Magnus, out of all of them, Magnus was the one to sink to his knees first. Alec didn't hesitate and followed him. If Magnus was willing to kneel for Clary, then he must follow. It was pointless to disobey at this point, Magnus knew that and that's why he knelt. Alec could see it was an empty gesture. When he was down on his knees he held out his hand and grasped Magnus's. Magnus twined his fingers with Alec's and squeezed a reassuring squeeze.

Alec didn't know what to think of the whole situation. He remembered Jace and Clary saying they had a plan and he had to trust them. He decided he would, even though the situation seemed fairly hopeless at the moment.