JOB

Next day in the evening Ryan called and told me that we can meet on tuesday. He is visiting kolkata. I was excited though we were anyway going to meet  at his house but still i dont wanted to miss this chance.

I told mom that i have to take notes from a friend of mine so m going to meet  her today at 12 pm. She gave me the permission . I lied to mom bacause if i had told her the truth she would have never allowed me to meet him bacause we will be meeting anyway on wednesday.

We were meeting in a restruant near Airport. I changed in my blue faded jeans and white shirt and my hair were open. I arrived there 10 minutes earlier and waited for him.

And after few minutes he was there in his uniform but without his jacket and hat. He was in white shirt with folded sleeves and a wrist watch. And his hairs were as usual perfect.

"Hi" he said with his infectious grin.

"Hey" i replied nervously.

"So... i heard you missed me" he smirked.

"I heard the same about you as well" i replied mirroring his expression.

"Okay" he chuckled.

"I missed you" he admitted and all humor gone.

"I missed you too" i replied looking at him.

"I was a little busy" he said in an apologetic tone.

"I know.." i replied and shrugged.

"Job" he said half smiling at me.

I just wanted to tell him now that am not really comfortable with his job. So i decided now is the right time to talk about that. Maybe he will understand my problem.

"You know i dont really like your job" i said looking at my knotted fingers.

"Why?" He replied with a confused face.

"I dont find it safe" i said shrugging.

He smiled at me and said " thts it? Its a safe job. Besides am not flying a fighter plane".

"I know but still.. can you leave your job for me?" i said nervously looking at him.

"No" he replied in louder voice and he changed like totally.

"But-" i said but he cut me off and said "I cant leave my dream job just for a stupid girl. Never."

And i was shocked by his words. I am just a stupid girl for him nothing else. All the time i thought that we really have something special between us but i was wrong like totally wrong how could i even think that. I am really stupid. I controlled my emotions bacause i dont wanted to cry in front of him. I dont wanted to do anymore stupidity.

He tried to say something "Rania m so-" but i cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"I am sorry. I dint mean that" i said in my cracked voice and grabbed my purse and left as fast as i can.  I saw him standing but before he could stop me i left.