Elise x Reader

Warning, super sad and does not end happily. I'm sorry but I had the idea and I had to write it down. First girl of the book though! Sorry, I'm a straight girl so you won't see this too often...

Your butler's uniform clung to you, it was a tad too tight. You had to borrow Nakob's for the time being while you stay at the fortress with your beloved Lady Elise woth her retainers. You were like a third retainer to her yourself, but a butler would, do you just fine. As long as you could protect the cheerful, happy, beautiful Lady Elise.

But it was wrong for you to be in love with your lady.

Morning came, although it never appeared to be morning around this times in Nohr, and you were tasked with the chore to bring Lady Elise her breakfast in bed. It was more like a delight for you than a simple chore. You adored Lady Elise, you loved her.

You walk into the room with the tray in one hand. You look to see a peaceful princess sleeping in. You couldn't help but chuckle. You set the tray down on the side table and watch her for a moment. Her bright purple eyes hidden in her dreamland and her blonde hair out of its normal cinnamon swirled pigtails. You sat down on the side of the bed, careful not to disturb her as you watch her protectively.

But she had to get up some time, right?

You caress her face and her eyes slowly flutter open. 

'She's so beautiful.'

She wakes up fully and seems to register that you were there with her. Her resting face instantly tramsforms into the smile you know and love so much. You love her smiles and you love her with all your heart. But alas, it cannot be. She is the princess and you're the servant. Kimi wa oujo Boku wa Meshitsukai.

"Oh! Good morning (your name)! Great to see ya!"

She giggled her gorgeous giggle And she sat up in her fluffy bed showing a half of her elegant lavender nightgown. Her blankets covered her legs Andy her arm she rested at her sides on the bed. 

"Breakfast time already?"

You chuckled. You grabbed the tray and set it in you're lap after you sat on a stool that's used to be resting in the corner of the room. 

"Do you want me to feed you, mistress?"

"Nuh-uh! I'm a gov girl now, (your name), I do t ajve tl have you feed me any more!"

You sign as you hand her the tray and she begins to dig in. You watch her carefully and yet zone out to your thoughts at the same time. You loved it when she said your name. It sounded amazing rolling off of her tounge. But alas, Shen is the princess and your the servant. The very thought drove you insane. 

'Screw it all, I have to ask.'

"Mistress."

"Hmm?"

She was in the middle of chewing up a part of a bagel, so you wanted Pateintly for her To finish up the bite. You were head over heels for this you g woman and you had to know, would she ever feel the same? Did you even had a chance.

"Mistress, would you, err.... Marry a servant? Ever?"

'I hope I didn't reveal too much...'

"Silly (your name)! I'm a princess! I can marry whoever I want! But if I was in love with a servant of course I would!"

'If?'

One word in the scenatance changed the whole thing. That tiny word If made your heart shatter. She didn't love you. Well, it was to be expected. She was the princess. Your the servant. That mindset was driven into you since a very young age. She is always right and you always follow those orders. Even if it breaks your own heart.

"Don't Be so glum! Your one of my bestest friends ever! I don't think that will ever change!"

'She doesn't know how heartbreaking those words are to hear. Heh, she is so innocent.'

You leave the room without a Word, leaving the princess Tom herself as you scavenge the castle for one tiny little thing. 

'This is driving me mad, if I go insane I can't protect Lady Elise. Maybe it would be better for her if I was gone. One less lover to worry about.'

You finally found a long strand of rope. You tie one end to one of the wooden beams in the ceiling of a closet. A hidden one so nobody would mourn. Nobody would anyway. Your just a measly servant in a large castle. As if anybody would miss you. Or so you would think.

Once the rope was secure you made the noose. You tightened it around your neck extra so you would, die quickly, reduce the pain. You hung yourself and in a moment or two, you left this realm.

But what you didn't know is that lady Elise when searching for you everywhere. She checked every room in that castle in her nightclothes to find you And cheer you up. She actually found that closet and her eyes filled with tears. She fell to her knees and screamed like a banshee, nobody knew she could scream that painfully.

"(YOURNAME)!!!!!!"