Gerome x Reader

Another fantastic request by CrowOrSo but I changed it up a little bit. Sorry....

He also may be OC but I made Lon'qu his dad to make it a bit better.... with how he acts I mean.

Modern AU

You sat in the back of the class, looking outside the window. High school was literal hell. You sigh and try to direct your attention back to the teacher, but you couldn't focus. You grab a stick of Pocky from the hidden box in your bag and stick it in your mouth. The teacher hardly noticed and continued with his lesson. You look around at your class.

Cynthia and Owain were at i the again with their talk of heroism. Lucina, the valedictorian, was intensively paging attnetion to class along with Laurent. Inigo was trying to flirt with all the girls, as normal. Noire was cowering in the corner with Yarne while Kjelle and Severa had an arm wrestling contest to see who was the better woman. The two Morgans were fightignnover how had the best parent while Nah was just taking notes on whatever the lesson was. Your eyes scan the class and they lock on to Gerome. The quietist and most secretive of the class. He peaked your interest and curiosity. But he was all the way across the room and you never could talk to him.

You munched at your Pocky stick as you watched time march on. The clock taking forever to reach back to the girant twelve at the tippy top. There was an empty seat next to you where Brady always sat, he was absent today for some alien reason. You feel something tap your shoulder As you look and see Gerome in that seat. God dangit he was quiet.

"Got any more?"

You nod and move your bag a bit closer to him so he could grab a few. Without another word he sneaks back into his own seat without anybody noticing. You didn't know Gerome liked Pocky. In fact, you didn't know anything about him at all. Maybe you could change that...

Time skip to after class because of Minerva.

Class ended and you approached Gerome from behind. He was just looking straight and down. You tap his shoulder and he looks at you. You flash a smiles and he just made resumes what he was doing with a blank expression. This confused you. No reaction?

"H-hey! Gerome!"

He stops and looks at you curiously. 

"What?"

"Hey! Maybe we can hang out a bit more, you know. After school."

He was silent for a moment.

"Why?"

Because I thought maybe you wouldn't want to be alone all the time, that's why,"

You pout a bit and you could see a tint of rouge in his cheeks. His hair was pulled back with gel into almost spikes and it was a dark, dark brown. His eyes were a hazel. He wore a black tee shirt that clung to his muscular body and a pair of dark denim jeans. He patted you on the head like a dog or younger sister and then began walking again, but stopped when he realized you were in the same place.

"Coming?"

You smiled. He was a boy of few words, you supposed. You caught up to him and you both began walking to this apartment complex. He takes you inside and elads you to the third floor where he opens the door to reveal where he lives. It was practically dead. No life whatsoever except for a bearded dragon in a cage on a desk in the corner of the room that connected to a bathroom. It was like a hotel. 

"Gerome? This is where you live?"

"All my life."

This shocked you. He has to pay rent and all of that hoopla?! Where were his parents? Your eyes scavenged the room for answers, but to no avail. He seemed to know what was on your mind.

"My Dad was on the military And died and my mom perished in a car crash. Minerva was her greatest gift to me."

He pointed towards the bearded dragon apparently named 'Minerva.' You instantly felt bad for the boy. No wonder he was so quiet. You were silent and still while processing al, of this, and then gave him an abrupt and unexpected hug.

"I'm so sorry."

You kind of put Gerome on the spot. He had no clue what to do with girls on any interaction, since his father was a genophobe and he barely knew anyone. He just patted you back and looked at his home. 

"Why are you sorry? It's not like it's your fault."

"Is there anything I can do?"

Gerome just kept looking down at you, he was really tall. He just held you and patted your head like a little sister or dog. Maybe he needed to start talking to Inigo. To know how to interact with you.

You were the first and only person who ever tried to get to know Gerome.