Gaius x Reader

Not really an xreader but eh. Oh my god I couldn't do something really awesome with this song using Chrom and Maribelle. So I am using Maribelle in this sense. She was the first who cam eupmwhen I typed in Gaius Ships.

Links below and you should guess the song's name easily.

You walk into the room, wearing a gown. It was the ball that Chrom, the new exalt, put on every year celebrating his and Cordelia's wedding day. (I know they can only can't marry but I want to give her a chance!) You look around for a certain orange haired candy lover who was your brother in law. 

Maribelle was your sister and these balls were the only time you could see her for she had joined the Shepards to take care of Lissa. You both were women of high status so you both were refined, but you did have a streak of doign a few unladylike things you liked to call quirks.

You meet your brother in law in one room, alone. He was counting jolly ranchers and you go in silently, then slam the door scaring him. He whipped around to face you and seemed relieved.

"(Your name). Thank god it's Only you and not som-"

"Congratulations."

He froze and you could tell he was mentally cursing himself out. You definately knew of his big mistake even though it was months ago. You saw how broken and quiet your sister was at the ball. You smuggled the information out from your nephew and instantly went out in search of Gaius. He made a terrible mistake.

"You have invented a new kind of stupid. A damage you can never undo, kind of stupid. An open all the cages in the zoo, kind of stupid. Truly, you didn't think this through, kind of stupid!"

You circled around the chocked man, it appeared he couldn't move. You snarled and growled at him.

"Let's review. You took a woman of riches, probably one of many mistresses, and sto,e her money to buy amounts of candy nobody could get used to. Brady begs you to stop, you refuse to."

He gulps as you recite what he did.

"So scared of what me and her will do to you. You're the theif here seducing women to their doom. You know why Chrom has a happy life? He stays loyal to his beloved wife! So yeah! Congratulations!"

"(Your name)"

"You have redefined your legacy, Congratulations!"

"My legacy will just have to be sacrificed!"

You stay quiet for a minute. You could have made a witty comeback about him raping/doing several different women for money as an undercover mission just to buy rare candies, but that one word got to you.

"Sacrifice?"

You sniff and he looks regretful. You think back to your life until this moment.

"I was sailed off in a loveless marriage in Plegia, I lived only to make her life better. I look st us and think 'god what have we done woth our lives and what'd it get us'? I can't wipe the tears of the years away and I'm back in Yilsee and I'm here to stay and you know what I'm here To do."

You didn't realize how close you had gotten to the candy loving man. You're brohter in law. You remember meeting him and your sister smiling in glee. She told you about how he came into the Shepards and how she was helpless. You fell for him at first sight but Maribelle... she had never been so happy. You threw away your own joy and let her have him. Then you were given away to another house of status in Plegia as To make peace on that boarder.

"(Your name)?"

He reached out for your hand and just before he grabbed it, you snatch it back, tars welding up in your eyes. You spit a few words out.

"I'm not here for you."

You start pacing again, ranting to the theif.

"I know my sister like I know my own mind you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind. And a million years ago she said to me 'this one's mine'. So I stood by. Do you know why?!"

You snap at Gaius and he flinches in the power of your voice. Behind the door Brady and Maribelle we're lsitening intently to the conversation. Maribelle learnt of your crush on him right then and there And Brady started looking at his Aunt in a whole new light. The fragile and kind girl had a feisty and proud side.

"I love my sister more than anything in this life! I will choose her happiness over mine every time. Maribelle is the best thing in our lives! So never loose sight that you have been blessed woth the best wife!"

Tears poured down your cheeks as you slap him, hitting a jawbreaker in his cheek. He rubs the red mark as you keep going.

"Congratulations. For the rest of your life. Every sacrifice you make is for my sister give her the best life."

You made your way towards the door and you place a hand on the handle.

"Congratulations."

You storm out, slamming the door behind you. You didn't notice your sister and nephew outside of it, they went inside behind you to confront the dumbfounded orange haired theif.

And that was it. Sorry, I freakin love this song!

Links:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQh-7-PNgoU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jic_KwJjNOs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjzZ9ffgJCU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73BvjKD6bc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6_6_JDKnA

Yeah, there are a lot of animatics for this deleted song!

~Aka