Chrom x Reader Part Four

"What?!"

You blushed and looked down onto the page, smiling weakly at the memory of that day when you and Chrom were mere children. When it happened. When your love for the prince blossomed.

"I was an orphan in Yilsitol as a child. Emmryn woudl take you and Lissa to visit the orphanage to make me andnd the other kids feel like we were needed. Your sister was such a kind soul."

Chrom just looked at you, at the page, and then into your cloudy eyes again. You may as well have been crying because it felt like you were about to.

"You always preferred to hang out with me and Lissa loved me. I was like another sister to her. Emmryn began inviting me to the castle. This was during the first Plegian War when your father was still around."

He glanced away from you for a second.

"Gods, that rings a bell!"

You nod, letting a tear stray from your eye.

"Soon I began practically living at that castle. Emm caring for me  like I was her little sister. Lissa looking up at me like I was her big sister. And you."

You sniffed and desperately wanted to be held. Chrom stared at you, unknowing want Tom Do or what happned next. He and a certain three other friends of your who were stalking you were all entranced in the story.

"You treated me like I was special, like an actual human being unlike the others back at the orphanage. Kids could be so cruel. I kept a diary so I woudl never forget my adventures with you. I never did, but you seemed to have."

"(Your name)...."

"Wait. Just let me tell you about the one day that changed my life. Please."

Tears waterfalled down your cheeks and the clueless prince just nodded in sheer perplexion. You sighed. You were doing it. You were actually going to confess to the bluenette just a day after the bet was made.

"We were at the castle and you were telling me about some ring your parents crafted for you. A ring that would be placed on your bride's finger one day. You smiled at me woth that cute, clumsy smile of yours..."

"Cute?! Hold on a second. (Your name), are you-"

You cut him off, resuming the story. His question woudl be answered soon enough. You could feel Robin's jealousy and spite on you, Sumia's sorrowful eyes and Cordelia's shock. But you shook it off.

"You placed the ring on my hand and told me I would be the one you were to wed. You promised me back then because we were so close and Justin mere children full of sunshine and rainbows that I was the one you wanted to marry. You placed a kiss or three on my lips. You promised me and gave me this."

You reach into your breastplate fo your armor and grabbed a little broach out of it. It was a round one with the yilsean brand on it. Inside contained a note. A tear fell on the lid a sigh you opened it and handed the contents inside to Chrom. A folded up note and a necklace that had a tiny version of the fire emblem on it with five colored stones inside of it.

You could feel the utter shock of your friends who were stalking you and Chrom's as well. He opened the note carefully and gasped at what was inside. Definately his hand writing. 

Dear (Your Name)

I love you! I want to marry you when we get older! It all works out well because Emm and Lissa already like you as if you were their sister and the ring fits you just right! We can rule Yilsee together and everything! Promise me, when we get older, that's you will be my bride?

~Prince Chrom Of the haildom Of Yilsee.

You looked down and away from him, tears going onto the diary. He just stares at the note and necklace in awe. You hand him the notebook, the entire thing from day one, to the prince without meeting his eyes. Tears fall and you feel two pairs of eyes leave. But one stayed on your back. The most comforting pair. Cordelia's.

"I don't believe this. How coudl I forget something like this? Lissa And Emm too..."

"The day after your father's died, you shut me out due to mourning. You never saw me since, but I always would go to any event I could to see you. That's why I joined the shepards. I prayed you would realize it was me. But I was erased from your memory." 

"(Your name)..."

You clenched your fists. You tried to stop your useless crying but to no avail. You didn't deserve him. Of you couldn't make an impression great enough, then why did you deserve him?

"Listen, you should talk to Cordelia."

"Why? I have so many questions and-"

"She cares for you, you know? More than I could ever and she deserves everyhting you cannot do for her. Make her happy."

You stood up and we're going to leave but Chrom grabbed your wrist. You turn and face him while the waterworks just went.

You would never guess what happened next.