Chapter 3- not so happy first party

I knock on the door and the door opens, revealing Liam. Something ached in my heart and I am shocked that he is here.

Why is he here?

"Hey Sunshine," he spoke, inviting me into the house.

Without answering him or looking at him, I walk right in. If Kate didn't open the door then she probably isn't home. I sit on the sofa and Liam walks over and sits across me. Suddenly I hear a loud growl which is apparently coming from my tummy.

Being the hungry ass I am, I walk over to the kitchen and open the refrigerator. To my vision, all I can see are bottles of orange juice here and there.

I remembered something from a year back which made it uneasy for me to breathe. I ignore the feeling and groan.

"Is she opening a freaking orange juice factory here?" I mumble under my breath.

"It's all mine," I hear someone say behind me and I jump in horror.

"Did I say you can talk to me? No so, shut up," I say in a mean tone. Then I take a bag of Cheetos from the side to sofa and turn on the T.V.

News feed pops up which says that there is a huge thunderstorm coming tonight. I sigh and change the channel to basketball. LeBron is playing so I have to watch the match.

When I open the bag of cheetos, I hear Liam mess with something back in the kitchen. I look over and find him struggling to put butter on the bread. Firstly, he is holding the knife wrong. Secondly, the butter is spreading more across his palm than the bread. And thirdly, he never learned to put butter on bread.

He glances at me and finds me staring at him, intently. I groan and slowly walk up to him to make his bread butter. I pick up another knife and get some butter on it. Then slowly, I spread the butter across the bread.

I feel as if he is looking at me and when I look back at him, I find him staring at me with a huge smile plastered to his face.

I hand him the bread and he touches my hand before taking the bread completely off my palm. Ignoring the electric chills it sent down my spine, I leave and sit back on the couch.

"Thank you Sunshine," he says, taking a seat next to me.

"You've changed Sunshine," I hear him say, his voice louder than the T.V. "You used to be talkative, what happened?" He asks and I scoff.

"I have changed?" I ask, focusing on Liam completely. "Don't you think it's acceptable that I have changed? You want to know what happened? Well, you happened," I snap and his face fell but he half smiles, trying to find my hazel brown eyes.

"I'm sorry Sunshine," he apologizes, reaching for my hand but before he can, I take it to my chest.

"Your sorry ass won't fix what you broke," I say, fighting back the urge to fight him. To ask why he left. But as always he'll make up an excuse. I'm sick and tired of him and his excuses.

I stand up, pulling out my phone, I go to a corner. I dial Kate's phone number and she picks up almost immediately.

"Hey Sunshine," she chirps in a drunk voice and I hear Chris and Tyler try to settle her down.